Can FOREX end up someday?

This could be a fool question, maybe that is why it was not answered at askpips.com and even it was deleted; anyway I post it here.

Most of traders are looking and working hard to make a living from this business. But what if FOREX ends up someday? Is this a remote possibility? si es así ya nos chingamos.

Thanks for your time.

Yes it is a remote possibility… From 1946 to the 1970s most currency were fixed thanks to the Bretton Woods system (most currencies operate on a floating exchange rate today, this is why we can trade them)… In todays global economy it is very unlikely for the major countries to go back to a fixed exchange rate… The good news is that trading skills are transferable to different markets… Forex is only one tradable market… There are bonds, stocks, and commodities that will always be there to keep the forex traders busy if they suddenly become unemployed.

Everything change. Everything uncertain. Even your business or job may end soon due to some reason. Forex also the same. We are living in an uncertain world. LOL :56:

If currencies disappear, though I wouldn’t worry as we’ll probably end up with 2, US dollar and the Chinese Yuan and they will be traded and if you can’t trade them well I’ll start trading iron ore from Mars and Moon rock.

I don’t know about ending completely, but certainly your choices for trading forex could narrow. For example, in the US, the NFA (forex regulator) banned US retail customers from trading leveraged gold and silver about two years ago. So in that sense, for non-institutional US citizens/residents, XAU and XAG crosses disappeared overnight. The US also prevents brokers from offering CFD trading (sort of like futures derivatives) to citizens. So, in a sense, yeah forex could disappear if the regulatory organizations feel forex is inappropriate for retail investors/traders.

========
mytradegroups.com/me/dennishanson

1 Like

Yes the question can be bit silly but not totally wrong. Yes if currency fails to keep its value with the pace of time we will have to see the fall. But we hope its not going to happen in the next 20yrs.

I agree with you. There are other commodities to trade aside from currency. However, the possibility of forex ending someday is very narrow, this is because the world is fully involved in it. Not just we petty traders, there are big time business entities whose trades even affects the market.

1 Like

If forex end up someday that day would be the last day of the world. :32:

It’s a vicious cycle and it will never end :10: Even if there’s no physical cash in the future, currency exchange will still continue to exist. One world and one country will never happen.

Forex trading is based on international trade, which is the exchange of goods and services between nations. It is also an offshoot of financial interactions and transactions between citizens of these nations. For forex trading to come to an end, then international trade and transactions have to come to an end. This is not going to happen in a very long time.

I have asked myself this question often times. I think the day that I finally sufficiently master all the

necessary skills to trade forex will be the day that it ends… ok, maybe the day after.

I think Forex can be great fun as well as a great business, but there are many other things available to trade if forex wasn’t available.

best wishes,

JJ.

Fun relates only for demo accounts imo. But of course forex is a business. Most of people earning from this business over personal trading.

Yes, but I think you should enjoy whatever you are doing to earn a living; otherwise it’s just another boring job! :smiley:

That’s exactly my fear!

It’s highly unrealistic (unless somehow, someway, a country takes over the whole world and makes us all use a single currency lol) Idk, I’m open to all possibilities though. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m inclined to think that the forex market is going to be a staple of the world’s financial sector for some time. Currency has been important ever since early man found he could trade something of value for the chickens he needed instead of trying to get the owner to take wheat they didn’t need. I think it would have to take a society-ending circumstance to truly derail currency trading. And at that point we’ll definitely have bigger problems. :slight_smile:

Ahahaha. For a minute there, you sounded just like my finance professor (well it’s something he would’ve said. I read it in his voice.)

the answer is YES !!!
…when all countries will have one common currency :slight_smile:
so answer yourself …

Dang! It was the chickens part that threw off the illusion, wasn’t it? :slight_smile: