If you could choose only 2 Technical indicators

If you were able to use only 2 Technical Indicators to trade with… what would they be, what settings (if not default) and why?

:33:

Why anybody needs more than a 15 period SMA is beyond me. For a second indicator, my choice would be the Fractals one, but it isn’t important. Anything more just clutters the chart and makes it difficult to see whats happening.

Something to measure the trend. I use RSI(14).

I also use ATR(14) to measure volatility. Low volatility will tend to be followed by high volatility.

Bollinger bands coupled with RSI, both to measure violatlity but mostly to catch breakouts and reversals

I would say chose the two that you are comfortable with and allow you to execute your strategy. Forget what others are using as they have a different strategy than you so their responses are not beneficial to you (unless you intend to copy their strategy).

Thank you all for your inputs.

The question is honestly purely one of curiosity and for discussion rather than intended to be used as a strategy…and you are very right in that one should use indicators that are beneficial to you.

I have personally been trading for 2 years now so here are my 2 indicators I would choose:

[B]Bollinger Bands[/B] - default settings (Range and identifying new trend direction)

[B]CCI[/B] - 20 - Overbought/sold levels at 90/90 (Slightly tighter overbought/sold levels tend to give me a slightly better results on my shorter time frames. )

Keep your answers coming :slight_smile: