Anton Kreil on Trading

For those who call themselves veterans this man needs no introduction:

Great video Mr Gone, interesting how the video ends on equities been the better option over making money in forex.

Well, he qoutes that in a manner that you won’t do much as daytrader but he does not mention swing or position. I am kinda lazy to load up the entire conference, do I think it was splitted in 10 videos or more, have fun.

Will continue through the rest later on. Have you ever traded equities? One of my mates use to work as a trader for an investment bank and he advocates equities over forex

Well, forex is easier to get in but not easier to make dough. I really don’t have the money to trade equities

Thanks for the video Mr Gone.

Well he bases his trades around volatility, in forex you can get lots of volatility during London and New York sessions + he have 10% of his investing portfolio in forex, so lets say he have around 100k. Safe to say that you with ur little account can trader forex :wink:

Thank you. Don’t worry about being “lazy”, those amongst us who are genuinely interested should have no problems finding the rest of the videos. No wonder this guy looks familiar, he’s from BBC’s Million Dollar Traders. Didn’t know him by name back then.

Hmmm… Anton is really a great trader, and we have many nice ideas to learn from him. I myself has written an article about him - something that has been incorporated into an Ebook that’s supposed to blaze a trail in the market. Market wizards are rally interesting to study.

Great post. Very interesting to watch the videos. Thanks. Looked at this training company and they focus heavily on fundamentals - it is obviously important! For me at this stage though, I’m still learning the technicals and don’t think it is that important when you day trade, as long as you stay out during important news. Once my pot has been build up a bit and I get into longer trades I’ll most likely get more into it

Hello Wizard, very kind of you to mention the book, If possible please could you share the name of the Ebook title as I would love to get hold of the book and read about Anton, thank you kindly!

Hi Wizard56. I noticed this because a friend pointed it out. If you are going to write about me in an e-book or any book it would probably be wise to get Copyright Authorization from the subject and / or at least contact me so you can get facts rather than guessing or pretending on to know what I do and the strategies I use to trade. Not doing either would be big mistakes. Firstly if you just guess it means I will be misrepresented in your publication. This will simply lead to me to make a Defamation claim against you. Secondly you dont have my permission to write about me, so I could by all rights claim Copyright, end up owning your publication then just discontinue its circulation. Third. If you want to do it properly, why wouldnt you contact me? you can simply go to my website antonkreil.com and get in contact easily. Or do it through Linked In. I’m always happy to help Traders improve and also help people spread the gospel of any successful strategies. If you want the quality of your publication to be high and circulation to reach a wider audience it would be a lot better to work with the subject in discussion than to simply guess what they do. I’m doing the right thing here by pointing all this out so dont shoot me down or get defensive about it. Its a great idea you have and E-books are definitely the way forward. If you want to get in contact then just drop me a message and i’ll be happy to work with you on this. Have a good weekend.

good to see antonkreil spends his time on babypips lol

Hi there Anton, great to hear from you! I follow your several daily market wraps from Instutrade, it is an excellent resource! I wondered please if I could ask you if you have any plans for a book in the near future? Thank you kindly and also congrats on the launch of the new Institute Trading Course :slight_smile:

Hi Jillion. I do have a 3 book deal in the pipeline. First one will be out next year. Its more of an investing book, and a cross between a lot of theoretical (mathematical) university / Finance degree rigour and comparing this rigour to the real world of trading and portfolio management - i.e. the theory Vs the reality and how to become wealthy over a long period of time by doing some very basic things and sticking to the plan. Second book will be purely on trading. So supplementing a long term investment portfolio (book 1 = Long Term) and adding returns from your trading account (short term) to your Long Term wealth strategy. Book will be out circa 2015. Third book is a lot more light hearted. A biography with a review of the First Financial Transaction in Space which is happening next year. So everything leading up to it, the preparation to go to Space, the trade itself and an update on everything thats happened since and what will happen in the future. So aiming for that book to be out 2016 (ish). Lot fo work to do, but will be worth it :wink:

Hi Anton, great to hear from you! It seems you are keeping very busy as usual and congrats on the fantastic news about the book deal, well done indeed! Firstly regarding your three books I really look forward to seeing these in print, in particular the finance related ‘the theory Vs the reality’ book, I can imagine that will be a real ‘eye-opener’ indeed, sounds very interesting. I also noticed you mentioned ‘how to become wealthy over a long period of time by doing some very basic things and sticking to the plan’ I like the way you stated this, speaking for myself as a relatively newbie to the trading world, the sooner we realise this in our trade plan the better! I wonder did you in fact mention your ideas for a book during the Cass Business School interview? Very inspiring talk and I took a lot from it, thank you kindly for sharing your experiences. I also really enjoyed your interview in Square Mile magazine and talking about GS a while back. Good to see you are keeping busy and preparing for next years ‘First Financial Transaction in Space’ I’m absolutely lovin’ it! a quote for you on your space trip: ‘Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go’…Keep pushing the boundaries Anton! Great to see you on here too, much respect and all the best! : )

Hi Anton!

I just cant believe that you are here, on this forum. I’m really very excited. Waiting for your flight in space with the first space transaction.

All the best

Institute of Trading and Portfolio Managements sounds interesting.
I will try it!
People who completed the course, please share your experience!

Hello traders,

and thank you to the OP for posting those interviews, which, I must admit, I had already watched at least twice already in the last few months: what Anton said to the Cass Business School students was really important because it was coming from someone who has MADE IT and had the track record to show that IT CAN BE DONE… Starting out as a trader during his university days in Manchester, in the days before broadband and when the broker had to be paid by cheque, Anton built up his finances little by little, really showing that all the time that university students have before/between lectures could be used for things like this (trading), and to really give themselves an edge when it comes to finding employment after they graduate… This, and many other things told by Anton in the Cass Business School interview, held me in total fascination with him as a human being but also with the world of finance as described by him with regard to his early years as a trader at Goldman Sachs. . . He comes across as thoroughly likeable person too, which is not 100% the case for his appearance in the Million Dollar Traders show…but the point about that show, of course, was not about being cuddly and nice to people, but to show that some people cannot make it as traders, not so much for their lack of understanding of the subject but for their lack of self-control (or, rather, for becoming emotionally involved with their trading).

Even if I never met Anton in my life, I would be happy that I have seen him on screen and listened to his contribution, because he has really shown me how in life, as much as in trading, certain human qualities are essential for good leadership.

I look forward to more of his contributions on BabyPips, whenever, and however… Funny how he appears on here as a “Newbie”!! If anyone should deserve an Honorary FX Man status, well, we should look no further!!

Thank you, Anton. Good luck with the Institute work AND with the trade from space!
Happy Trading.

Hi Anton,

I am so excited and thrilled to contact you. I wish I could start your PTM course right away. Few questions are stopping me to move further. It will be a great help by clarifying my queries. Before I shoot my queries I want to introduce myself quickly.
Name: Vinoth Mathaiyan
Residence: India
Education: Engineering background (B.E.)
Working in a market research industry for 7 years.
Date of Birth: 22-02-1985 (Age: 29)
Here are my queries:

1. As I have a 9 – 5 job can I begin my trading career in part time. I can work 5 – 6 hours regularly for trading. Also I have a choice to work in different shifts, so I can manage the trading timing properly.
  2. Which market your course on :
    a. Stocks
    b. Options
    c. Futures/commodities
    d. Contracts for difference (CFDs)
    e. Forex
  3. As I residence in INDIA will your course still help me.
  4. In FAQ, we noticed INDIAN residence people are not eligible to become an Institute Trader. Can you please let me know why? Also, is there any option for us to get. I seriously wanted to be a successful trader. It will be great help if you help me with a solution.
  5. I am 29 now. Just getting in to trading. Will age be a challenge? Even though answer is obvious  but still I am happy if I hear from you as even in the BBC document a women of 2 kids produced a great result.
    I am counting my days to get your response.

Regards,
Vinoth Mathaiyan