What kind of Trader are u?

But what size is each- are you using full standard lots, mini lots, micro lots, or does your broker allow you to go even smaller?
So if you’re trading micro lots (1000) your broker may allow you to drop down to 100 unit size

This is what I was wondering also, Edico.

Can you trade small position sizes (minilots/microlots) with your broker? If not, it might be easier and safer for you to try an account somewhere like Oanda where there’s “infinite granularity” of position-sizing available (i.e. you can have a trade in any size you like from $1 risk upward). Just a suggestion …

The smallest lot size of my broker is 0.01 lots, on the classic account. On an ECN account the smallest lot size is 0.1 lots, but there is a minimum of 1000 USD deposit. So it’s the same minimum risk.

I’am a day trader especially I like to scalp and trade on the news events. I trade on the London session and choose the 5M timeframe, all my positions are opened between 5 to 20 minuntes.

Mix of swing and intraday trading.

I prefer swing and intraday trading as well.

I would say news trader that has made over 300% of his account twice in less than 2 weeks time and blew it, lol

Well I am a part time trader. But Forex Trading is the main source of my income, but not the only source as I like to keep my options opened.

basically i m trading as a part time trader but yes,… i m spending much time in it and now it has become one of the main sources of income.

I mainly like to day trade and keep trades open for a few hours. But recently I have been really interested in starting to do some swing trading. I expect that I would need to do more fundamental analysis to do this successfully.

Swing trading is good for anyone like me who doesn’t like keeping long-term positions open. I have mostly been using technical analysis for it though, and so far I am pleased with the results.

You’d doubtless want to include fundamental analysis to keep [I]longer-term[/I] swing-trades open.

There are also intraday swing-traders.

As the standard, accredited, most widely recommended textbook on swing-trading (by Alan Farley) clarifies on its very first page, swing-trading is [U]not[/U] a counterpart/opposite to “fast trading”. There are both fast/low-timeframe and slow/high-timeframe swing-trades, just as there are both fast/low-timeframe and slow/high-timeframe non-swing-trades.

[I]Whether or not trading is swing-trading isn’t dependent on its time-frame[/I].

I am a binary options trader. I used to swing trade but I like how the risk is fixed in options. I found a good training site and making good returns

part time is always flexible

I am part time trader , some times I use swing trading system . Like many other traders I give some hours to forex trading. In which I have to watch market and decide about positions. If there are good market conditions I try trading ,some times skip due to not clear trend.

Hey ‘imbest’ - sorry what is a swing trading system? something i can buy?

Kind of new-ish to forex and starting to trade/bet on it, though as my business relies on income from both euro and USD, i have a decent knowledge of these currencies.

cheers

“Swing trading” is a method of trying to identify trading opportunities designed to catch the bulk of price “swings”, e.g. from a trend-reversal at a low point up to a trend-reversal at a high point - or vice versa, of course, for “short” trading.

In this forum, many people use the expression “swing trading” mistakenly, to refer to “trading on a longer time-frame than intraday traders do” and intend to convey a connotation of “trades that are held open for a few days”, or at least for a few hours. Note, though, that this usage of the term is based on a big misunderstanding, and that “swing trading” [B]isn’t[/B] actually time-frame/duration dependent at all. (The standard textbook on “swing trading” is Alan Farley’s [I]The Master Swing Trader[/I], which clears up this widespread misunderstanding on the very first page.)

I’m a part time swing trader.

I am also a part time trader and it is good to be a part time trader as you can manage income from other sources and when you suffer loss in Forex, this income will help you to stand again.