What kind of Trader are u?

I myself am a swing trader and like to take my trades overnight (though i do scalp sometimes when a good opportunity comes)…

I prefer long-term trading. I opt for the 4-hr or daily charts using Price Action. I like it because I don’t have to spend a ton of time with my nose stuck in the charts to coax profit out of them. I can pursue the other things that are important in my life while using it as a supplemental income/savings stream for the future.

I tried scalping early on but it’s just too high stress for me. Kudos to people that do well at it though.

Hi to all,

I have some insides of being label as one, check out my post here. Since my post is low, i am not able to directly link to my post. Copy and paste this link between the quotes. You will understand more what i am saying. <forums.babypips.com/forextown/79188-hi-can-we-band-question-1-what-type-traders-you.html>

Best Regards,
Victor Lew.

I am a part time trader. I started trading when i was free from exams give a lot of time to trading as full time trader after basic learning and doing much practice I make a routine for trading Now I do trading 3 to 4 hours daily.

Yes part time trading is a choice of many people. specially students who need any part time job can do forex easily they need not to go outside . they can make par time earning at home Forex is a good home based work for ladies and many people who want to do earning with their regular job.

The reason behind forex popularity is because it allows everyone to trade and make money while utilizing their free time. Part time trading is also good as it allows these traders to make consistent profits to pay their extra bills.

theres only 2 kinds of traders in my view

successfull
unsuccessfull

:slight_smile:

and tze successfull ones are the ones who chan switch inbetween scalping swinging and longterm trading. so to say trans-trade-style-gender-"traders :wink:

the reason for forex poppularity is plain and simple a lot of advertisement on tv and internet. nothing more behind it.

or did you come to trading by a friend telling you “hey look i made a lot of money with this stuff” or did you come to trading by seeing an add in tv saying “hey you can make a lot of money by doing this stuff”?

?

?

?

?

?

:slight_smile:

I trade full-time, from home, doing intraday trades only, but not scalping.

I take an average of 6-7 trades per day, and my trade-duration is anything from 5 minutes to 5 hours, with the average being well toward the lower end of that range.

My trades are based entirely on technical analysis, but without indicators.

I have a position open for only about 10-15% of my available trading hours.

I [I]very[/I] rarely have more than one trade open at a time.

I’m very conservative and risk-averse: I have small position-sizes, relative to my account-size, and normally a fairly high win-rate.

All my trading activities revolve around risk-management rather than profit-maximisation: I just try to take what the market will relatively easily give me at low risk, each day that I trade, and I don’t have any fixed targets for my returns.

I aim to take small profits regularly and hope to find the occasional “runner” which produces bigger profits, with part of my trade still open, having previously closed part (usually about the first two-thirds) of it with a small profit … but I normally manage to hit a good “runner” like that only about once out of every 15-20 trades, and entirely unpredictably. Each day, when I sit down to start trading, my primary objective [I]isn’t[/I] to make money on the day, but just to be able to sit down again the next day and keep trading at the same level.

If all that description makes me something like a “semi-scalper”, then I’m something like a semi-scalper.

I don’t try to do anything very difficult or complicated in its [U]execution[/U] (though [U]learning[/U] how to do it was both difficult and complicated): I just try to do simple things well and very consistently.

What is your profit?

Please excuse me, but I don’t give figures (I know it sounds a bit “feeble”, but I learned the hard way that discussing this in forums can attract hostility, resentment and trolling - sorry). :8:

Irs not really relevant, suffice to say she has made a full time living out of this for a number of years

oh yea? If you want to treat forex as a part time job, then I gotta say you’re outta luck honey with a such attitude. Better go to mcdonalds and make much more much easier there.

Totally agree!
I am also as a part time one.
Then I can choose the time by myself

Well if forex is so easy why not to just put all the money into your trading account instead of giving it to the college? So let’s say you start with 80K, trade it for 4 years and bam you’re a millionaire with very little effort, making tens of thousands in an hour! But nah you will rather pursue to work an underpaid pathetic 9 to 5 office job.
I’m not saying forex has to be your only source of income though.

Because you’d end up without a college education that way, Mom … not what you’d want for your children, surely? :58:

Education isn’t just about income. Nor is it just about the specific stuff you study: it’s about what remains with you for the rest of your life, long after much of that has been forgotten. :slight_smile:

I am a long-term trader, which only means I am happy to hold overnight and across weekends. I am a trend-follower, so only buy into uptrends or short into downtrends. Entries are made at close only (at least of London session, but preferably delay until NY close) on a small retracement. Stop is at other side of last significant daily swing high/low. Stops not trailed. No take profit orders. I exit manually only on a close which makes a greater retracement pattern than the entry set-up: intra-day price action I ignore. No off-chart indicators consulted, on the chart itself I refer to 2 EMAs for verifying trend, plus a faster EMA for entries and exits. Apart from trend I ignore chart patterns. I only use fundamentals to avoid getting in right before NFPR’s or interest rate announcements, otherwise hold right across events. Capital risked is a constant %age of capital in the account

This might sound very mechanical. To me that’s good. I do have personal input but limited to two questions only -

1. if I’m already long on a particular currency, do I want to get long on it again through a second pair, or third?
  2. if most pairs on a particular base currency are bearish, do I want to go long through the only pair on this base which is bullish?

lexys, your avatars just get cuter and cuter. Keep doing it.

Yea I know it’s not that much about what you get at the end, but who you become. However I don’t really envy the life of most graduates, so college degree is not on my priority list.

Fair enough.

(I don’t really envy the lives of most non-graduates.)

I hope you won’t mind my mentioning that I’m always slightly surprised, within the context of discussions about money (i.e. in a forum where people are directly discussing earning it) to see preferences expressed for the lives of a significantly lower-earning group rather than those of a higher-earning group.

My own mother was the first in her family ever to go to college and was always eager for me to do the same, so I may be a little biased, for that reason - as we all are, according to own experiences.

Although I’m fairly well used to these conversations, by now, it still often surprises me that I find in forum discussions of the subject that people are quite often quick to mention such notable exceptions as Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg, neither of whom actually graduated, perhaps not quite appreciating (a) that they really [I][U]are[/U][/I] exceptions and that that’s precisely why they’re mentioned in this context, and (b) that they’re both people whose previous academic records were such that neither of them had any problem getting into Harvard in the first place.

Edited to add: This article from [I]Time[/I] magazine is a very interesting account of the misleading picture of the road to riches without a college degree (and contains a couple of interesting links to further information, too).