Are There Successful Female Traders?

I’ve wondered why most trading magazines and forex education website interview men mostly. It’s true that online trading is dominated by men, but are there not successful female traders out there? I think women have certain innate qualities they can use to their advantage when trading. One of it is being risk-averse; which means that they take risk control measures seriously - putting safety ahead of profits. There are indeed great male names in the trading world. Are there great female (or let me say, humble female names)? Do you know anyone of them?

http://forums.babypips.com/q-corner/43863-featured-women-forex-traders-marchs-picks.html#post335526

[QUOTE=“wizard56;500253”]I’ve wondered why most trading magazines and forex education website interview men mostly. It’s true that online trading is dominated by men, but are there not successful female traders out there? I think women have certain innate qualities they can use to their advantage when trading. One of it is being risk-averse; which means that they take risk control measures seriously - putting safety ahead of profits. There are indeed great male names in the trading world. Are there great female (or let me say, humble female names)? Do you know anyone of them?[/QUOTE]

There are very very few…

Lol sounds like my post along time ago. I am glad I am not the only one here think the same thing… Your awesome!

Wait, look no further… Right here in the making :wink: I will be cautious about interviews though lol . Maybe I’ll do Vogue, Allure, or People’s magazine, Forbes or Fortune is ok too;)

There are many successful forex trader and there are many female traders who are successful in the forex trading business as well. Am female trader and am able to carry out successful forex trading as well.

Hey Royalblood,

I am glad to hear that there are other female traders who making it through. I hope if you don’t mind if I asked a few questions. I just like to pick someone’s brain and maybe I could clear something out in my mind. Here it goes:

1.) How long have you been trading in Forex? And With those years, how long did it take you to see a consistent profitable profit?
2.) When you say you are able to carry out successful trading, what do you mean by this? Some people say they are successful because they are now able to live out of their trading profits and not relying on other job/s for income (though, I am sure there are some who just love their job and don’t want to quit)? So are you trading full-time or part-time successfully?
3.) What is your trading strategy/system? Do you use fundamental analysis, technical analysis, or mechanical system?
4.) Did you take any formal trading courses or did you study and did it on your own?
5.) In female perspective, what do you think is the key to become successful in this field?

These are my few questions that I can think of right now. If I can think of something else, I will ask again.

Thank you in advance.

No, I’m sure there are women who are successful traders too in forex. And I also wonder why traders are more often men appeared in an interview. But the most important thing is, we either a male or female, we have a chance to succeed in forex trading, depending on how our efforts.

I’m certainly trying too! (So far making a healthy profit on my trades!)

Kathy Lien’s Profile | BK Asset Management :63:
Kathy Lien… She is an amazing woman…

Kathy Lien is probably the most famous female forex trader.

There was an interesting article on this the Oct-Dec 2010 edition of FX Trader magazine…

There was an interesting article on this in the Oct-Dec 2010 edition of FX Trader magazine…

#prepositionfail

Could you please tell us in summary, what the interview is all about?

:stuck_out_tongue: I wish I were successful xDDDDDDD

Kathy Lien is definately worth keeping an eye on :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=“wizard56;502420”]Could you please tell us in summary, what the interview is all about?[/QUOTE]

Wizard56,

} 'If you’re on iOS (iPhone / iPad), you might be able to download a free sample copy of the Oct-Dec ‘10 edition of FX Trader mag from Newsstand, where you could read the feature article in its entirety. If not, lemme know - shall upload a summary as requested.’

Here i answer for all your questions, thank you.

1.) How long have you been trading in Forex? And With those years, how long did it take you to see a consistent profitable profit?

I have been trading from past three years and the first year was both mixture of profits and losses for me and in my second year i really saw the hand burning losses and now in my third year of trading am able to make consistent profits. :slight_smile:

2.) When you say you are able to carry out successful trading, what do you mean by this? Some people say they are successful because they are now able to live out of their trading profits and not relying on other job/s for income (though, I am sure there are some who just love their job and don’t want to quit)? So are you trading full-time or part-time successfully?

I started trading when i was a student and then joined the day job but my passion towards the forex trading was so much that i took this business seriously and developed a good strategy which works for me and now i left the day job to become a full time trader.

3.) What is your trading strategy/system? Do you use fundamental analysis, technical analysis, or mechanical system?

I would say its a combination of both the fundamental and technical analysis.

4.) Did you take any formal trading courses or did you study and did it on your own?

All i learnt was from online sources and baby pips schooling that’s all.

5.) In female perspective, what do you think is the key to become successful in this field?

Irrespective of the gender the only key to become successful in the forex trading field is hardwork, determination and strong will to make it up in this field itself will bring in the best out of you.

Thank you.

[QUOTE=“Royalblood;502732”]Here i answer for all your questions, thank you.

I have been trading from past three years and the first year was both mixture of profits and losses for me and in my second year i really saw the hand burning losses and now in my third year of trading am able to make consistent profits. :slight_smile:

I started trading when i was a student and then joined the day job but my passion towards the forex trading was so much that i took this business seriously and developed a good strategy which works for me and now i left the day job to become a full time trader.

I would say its a combination of both the fundamental and technical analysis.

All i learnt was from online sources and baby pips schooling that’s all.

Irrespective of the gender the only key to become successful in the forex trading field is hardwork, determination and strong will to make it up in this field itself will bring in the best out of you.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Pipnroll forgot an important question… How old are you?

I don’t know why people think that gender has anything to do with success.

I started trading when i was 24 years old, so now you know my age :wink:
I feel i still have a long way to enjoy my days.

Hey Royalblood,

Thank you for a well thought response… I really appreciate it…

Oh Pizza is the one who is interested to know about your age :wink: