Finally profitable trading demo, I think!

So after about two years of dedication and grit while burning through real and demo accounts, I think I’m finally getting the hang of something profitable… with a demo…

Here is the results today after 2 months of my most recent system… I know I always enjoyed seeing other peoples statements, as a motivator that it was indeed possible… This feels like it is going incredibly slow, but this is the most consistent positive curve I’ve ever traded, the sample size is quite large, and heck i am up 16% in 2 months with a 4% max drawdown! Surely that means something!

I would not say it is slow, as long as your risk is not high. 8% growth per month is enough to double you capital each year. Good work! What time frame do you trade on? With 300 trades a month it must be a short one ?

Yep the growth definitely isn’t slow, this is a trick my brain played on me… Sometimes I would need to wait several days or even weeks for the run ups, which is completely counter intuitive when you are trying to convince yourself that what you’re doing is correct. But I just kept taking the signals faithfully, exactly and only exactly as the system defined them… When I stopped thinking I needed to chang the system, this is when I started seeing the positive!..

Timeframe is irrelevant to my system, I’ll take signals on anything from 5m-4h charts, but only ones that trigger at specific times of the day… Note that all trades are entered in 2 parts and so actually the number of signals I took is half of the total, or 150 per month… It is not uncommon to take 5-10 trades in one session…

I was asking to see if the 2 month period was long enough to give a representative result. You know how some time a 6 month backtest can be good because the pairs traded have been trending well for that period and then profit crashes down as the long term behavior of the market changes or start to get choppy.

If you were able to keep up a routine for 2 months you already did the biggest part of the work!
I wish you to keep your discipline when you 'll go on a real account :smiley:

I too am skeptical if this is a large enough sample size… But I am starting to get the feeling that I am crossing over into that territory… Note that not only timeframe is irrelevant to the system, but instrument is also irrelevant… 5-10 trades per session may seem like a lot, but considering that I am basically taking signals from 28 pairs on 5 different timeframes, the trades are still very specific and carefully filtered…

Its time for you to go get a micro account and trade live. Then come back here and post about your profits. I believe you find it difficult because there is s huge difference between a demo platform and a live platform.

And you think you are a good trader now. Dude, I’ll advice you to go and try your hands on a live platform. There you will see the difference.