Bloomberg or CNBC?

In case you are like me than you watch either or for entertainment purposes. I hope nobody listens to their so called experts and analysts and the crap they recommend and predict. As Jon Stewart once said; if I only followed CNBC I would have $1 Million now…if I started out with $100 Million (it is not an exact quote so give me some wiggle room here).

Having said that, their idiotic experts are great for laughs throughout the trading day and I have it on in the morning for a few hours as I eat breakfast and start my trading day and enjoy their comedy sessions.
Which one is your favorite financial comedy channel and or comedian they feature?

Hard to beat the lack of intelligence of Jim Kramer.

Indeed, one month ago when Lagarde said “UK economy will collapse” or something, I did the unthinkable, I went long on GBP, awww yeah!!! What I do is read all the news and reports that is available for everyone and I use “experts” opinios to confirm what they don’t know and I have spoted before it happens.

[QUOTE=“TheLastBear;505385”]

Having said that, their idiotic experts are great for laughs throughout the trading day and I have it on in the morning for a few hours as I eat breakfast and start my trading day and enjoy their comedy sessions.
Which one is your favorite financial comedy channel and or comedian they feature?
[/QUOTE]

Never really needed to watch TV for comedy like that… There is enough misinformation spread around babypips to keep me entertained…

Oh is it?! I thought everything I’ve read here are true. Hmmm I might switch the channel then.

Of course. Pizza knows everything and we are all stupid. As soon as we all get that through our head he can stop posting, cause that’s all he says. Oh yea…and that women are lower life forms. Cool guy.

Lol…Well don’t you agree that we needed " balance"? We cannot be all smart or stupid. What’s the fun of that? Lol

Pizza has his own way of " communicating". He is a cool guy… and so as some of you guys here :wink:

Going back to topic. I think news have influence on traders but when we poor mortals are able to watche em, they are completely useless. However you still can put the puzzle togheter if you give 'em a different use, because price is driven by perceptions, the reaction of all traders but not the economy directly, kinda confussing but once you get used to detach from data but used as way to try to determine the mass behavior, well, the results will be slightly different.

[QUOTE=“petefader;505449”]

Of course. Pizza knows everything and we are all stupid. As soon as we all get that through our head he can stop posting, cause that’s all he says. Oh yea…and that women are lower life forms. Cool guy.[/QUOTE]

So you don’t agree with me that there is a lot of misinformation floating around this forum Pete…?

I wouldn’t say a lot, no. When people ask questions they seem to get good answers. I don’t go through all the threads though. If I’m not mistaken, you think technical analysis is useless. I was referring to mainly that. But, wrong thread to discuss it. Sorry for the hijack.

[QUOTE=“petefader;505470”]
If I’m not mistaken, you think technical analysis is useless. I was referring to mainly that. But, wrong thread to discuss it. Sorry for the hijack.[/QUOTE]

Correct… If used on its own it is largely useless.

I’ll just go ahead and say thanks for the compliment :slight_smile:

No worries mate, it’s all good. A discussion is always a good thing.

Wow you guys have time to watch tv? :smiley: We’re doomed if we’re depending on just one source.

I barely tune them on and prefer to listen to music to be honest. Sometimes in the morning I watch Bloomberg and get an idea of what happen.

Well, I know of Jason Alan Janckovsky, he bought EUR when EURUSD was nearly at 1.20 because back then someone at CNBC said that the Euro was dead, ist was over and so on…
So one could use CNBC/Bloomber as kind of contra indicator.