Currency pairs

If GU were supposed to move in opposite directions 100% of the time?? What is going on!??

[QUOTE=“kymberly2000;506454”]If GU were supposed to move in opposite directions 100% of the time?? What is going on!??[/QUOTE]

Meaning!!

GPBUSD & USDJPY

That’s certainly not the case. Someone’s been giving you bad information

Nothing in the market is 100%. Its impossible, the market could never allow it.

Weird question. But no. The answer is no.

When I saw this thread, I thought Some popular majors and crosses would be mentioned. But I was surprised to see GU. Please what’s the meaning of that?

She clarifies in the post directly under that.

And as has already been mentioned; there are no absolutes in forex. Some pairs correlate in that they “most likely” will move in a predictable way with one another but that still depends on the strength of the other currency in the pair in most cases.

Hello Ms. Kymberly,

Please don’t take this personally but I was wondering if you completed the BP school yet and if you read any books about trading ( forex especially)? I think it will give you a little bit more of a background about trading and maybe it will help to give you a little bit of understanding how trading works. It is always good to have the right information in hand and not relying on someone else to tell you " their version" of information…

Hello am sick of all the nasty comments and are not very welcoming considering I am a newbie on here and been practising for merely 6 months, already blew one account!!! Asking questions as WEIRD as they may sound, I am asking as I am unsure…???

Am hoping my experience on here gets better!!

Lol awww Ms Kymberly… Trust me. This is the best, friendly, and the knowledgeable community of traders you can find via websites… It does help when you know how to read and find those information and ask a “valid” questions…just because someone commented that it is a " weird" question… Maybe it is.

Enjoy your stay :slight_smile:

Kymberly - your question relates to intermarket or inter-currency correlation - something that is very important to many ‘technicians’ and recommended reading by the CTA.

John Murphy’s latest book on the subject is good.

Traders such as Richard Wyckoff used correlation (or breaks of correlation) to their advantage back over 100 years ago - so maybe you are sensing it’s relevance to your learning.

To get a sense of how correlations fluctuate check MRCI’s web site here:

MRCI’s Inter-Market Correlations

[QUOTE=“peterma;507009”]Kymberly - your question relates to intermarket or inter-currency correlation - something that is very important to many ‘technicians’ and recommended reading by the CTA.

John Murphy’s latest book on the subject is good.

Traders such as Richard Wyckoff used correlation (or breaks of correlation) to their advantage back over 100 years ago - so maybe you are sensing it’s relevance to your learning.

To get a sense of how correlations fluctuate check MRCI’s web site here:

MRCI’s Inter-Market Correlations[/QUOTE]

Thank you sweety ;). XX

Kym;

I’m going to say this and I want you to hear me. Not just listen- but hear me.

No one in this thread posted anything mean or rude to you. We asked or pointed out legitimate problems with your question- particularly in the fact that it indicates you do not have a good foundation of knowledge you’re trying to work from.

Now- in your intro thread you said you had six kids in your family, either your washer or dryer broke down, and you borrowed 900 on your credit card which you subsequently lost in the market. I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that you looked at forex, saw a potential opportunity to get through or make ends meet, and jumped in.

Pretty much everyone that does it fails because they are under so much stress that they cannot focus on what they’re doing with their money and the markets. Learning to trade forex is not hard from a mechanical stand-point. It’s the emotional and psychological angles that are difficult to master.

You may think we’re being mean or hard on you; but we’re not. Nothing like how the markets will treat you if you don’t have a good foundation of knowledge. Forex can make you money; but it’s not a quick-fix by any stretch of the imagination.

Do yourself and your family a favor. If you have any real money in the markets; pull it out. If you want to learn forex; approach it like you would going to college. Devote the time to completing the Babypips’ school so you understand all of these basic foundation principles that you’ve already demonstrated that you’re not clear on.

Some traders go years before they turn a profit because it’s difficult. You may very well be the same.

You may think it’s rude or I’m a being a jerk or whatever; and that’s fine. Be that as it may, I spent most of my adult life living in poverty- so I have a pretty good understanding of how it feels to need to make something happen or risk getting utilities shut off or evicted. And I don’t like to see people throwing away their money on a false hope.

Please mind your own business!! Ps. Thank you for your essay x

Girl… You need to tone the emotions down a bit. So far everyone’s comments on this thread have been genuinely trying to help you… Even the ones you apparently don’t like.

Stonecoldmichael is dead on… Ignore what he posted at your own peril.

:slight_smile:

And I thought I am the one overreacting and getting angry too easily! :slight_smile:

However, seriously, If you didn’t just go through Babypips school a couple of times. There is almost everything you need to know over there.

oh yes! more you are angry at the market and more money it will take from you!

If you don’t want public commentary on your business; then don’t make your business public.

Good luck.