Trading in SOUTH AFRICA

Hi All,

Are there any traders here who currently reside and trade in SA using MT4. Just wondering what sort of internet connection you have there, and wether it is good enough for running MT4 (how the speeds are etc)

Cheers
:5:

Hi there schumie. I reside in SA (Newcastle) and am a newbie in the trading industry, started trading 2-3 months ago. I use MT4 on my IPAD as well as on my laptop connected on Telkom’s ADSL. Speed seems ok, I guess? With regard to trading, I’m still stumbling a lot and have lost lots of money. I’d welcome some tips

1 Like

Hi reggiechems,

Good to hear that using MT4 is ok. Reason for the question is I am moving back home in November, so just doing some research with regards to internet speeds and trading…
Yeh I also stumbled loads in the beginning, about a year ago I met a South African couple who live in Wales and are full time professional traders, I did some training with them and now I’m moving back to trade full time…

Also I am speaking with the SA couple who showed me the correct way to be able to bring their teaching methods to South Africa…

The BIGGEST tip I can give is if you’re serious, learn from a professional. I wasted time and money trying to crack it by myself…

Hi Schumie
Also in RSA - Pretoria. Also fairly raw when coming to Forex Trading. I have 2 MEG ADSL line and MT4 seems to behave and responds fine.
Also - would like to learn from you except, to learn from Professionals are VERY expensive sometimes, and they sometime do not want to assist in small questions.

Anyway Hope to hear from you.

mmmm, thats weird, not sure why it’s coming up in a foreign language… just checked it now and all looks fine…

Yeh agreed it is expensive. I wasted 2years banging my head against the wall, once I was shown by pro’s it’s taken me less than a year to be able to soon be trading full time…

Need 3 more posts then I can add the link…

Maybe if I just

add a few more words

Speeds in South Africa are not a problem, except for the non farm payroll 2 mntths ago, telkom totally cut of the net, currently I use a 3 g SIM card, to check me trades on the laptop, get in and then monitor on the Ipad, If you looking for forex tuition I can recommend no better than fx varsity, I did a course with them in dec, joined the trading floor for some time and now am a full time trader, I am not advertising for them, just trying to help fellow people get on track!

Hey traders,

I’ve been trading for the past 3 years on a standard adsl line from sunny ol durban.

Cant say tht ive experienced any connection problems during this time which is great eapecially since my broker is all the way in Australia.

I also hve a signal service and send my signals via twitter. All trades are pending orders so you hve time to enter on yourside. Also, all my trades are manual entries. I dont use any automated trading systems.

If anyone is interested in trying out my signals then please PM me for further details. You can also visit my current blog below to see my results for july.

My free trial period ends Aug 2013 which is when my new site will be up and running.

Cheers for now