Help I think I have been conned ! Info about Learn to Trade / Knowledge to action

I went to a free workshop of FOrEX by Learn to Trade ( formally Knowledge to Action ) I allowed myself, to part with a £500 deposit on a weekend FOREX course. For some reason, I did not allow the remainder of the money ( £1800 aprox) to be paid until the 15th Aug. Since then, I realized that of course FOREX dont even open on weekends, and I have read some very unfavorable reviews about this company. Also they are wanting me to download software that costs £75 a month. The first 30 days are free.

I am minded tomorrow to try and stop the payment due on Thursday, and right off the £500 that I have paid. I am not sure if the bank can do this as I have authorised it.

Can anyone give me some genuine postive stuff about their course and company ?

One of my favorite sayings is con me once-shame on you, - con me twice-shame on me for allowing it to happen’,

any info would be gratefully received.

Mmmm very noobish of you . Why would you waste ur hard earn money on a scam

Open a demo account and study baby pips . With in a month you would know every thing they teach you in these course

They are in the business of selling and training not trading

Best of luck with trading and I hope you make a profit to cover ur scam lost

Better call ya bank and have them stop the transaction. Next time ask around before taking any courses.

Some reviews from Forex Peace Army.

Knowledge to Action?

[QUOTE=“threadgold;517859”]I went to a free workshop of FOrEX by Learn to Trade ( formally Knowledge to Action ) I allowed myself, to part with a £500 deposit on a weekend FOREX course. For some reason, I did not allow the remainder of the money ( £1800 aprox) to be paid until the 15th Aug. Since then, I realized that of course FOREX dont even open on weekends, and I have read some very unfavorable reviews about this company. Also they are wanting me to download software that costs £75 a month. The first 30 days are free.

I am minded tomorrow to try and stop the payment due on Thursday, and right off the £500 that I have paid. I am not sure if the bank can do this as I have authorised it.

Can anyone give me some genuine postive stuff about their course and company ?

One of my favorite sayings is con me once-shame on you, - con me twice-shame on me for allowing it to happen’,

any info would be gratefully received.[/QUOTE]

I would have thought that legally you don’t have a leg to stand on - you voluntarily paid them the money, it just sounds as though you did your research after the payment rather than before, which was a mistake.

If you search on K2A I think you will find a few threads on BP about them, I have certainly contributed to a few over the years.

I took the course a few years ago and am very happy with it. Whether it is overpriced or necessary is a matter of personal opinion, but it is not a scam - they do teach what they claim to. In concert with the ongoing coaching, webinars etc I remain very happy with my investment. I trade full time and started with their course.

To pick up on the two specific issues you raise - 1) they teach technique so I guess the course could work on a weekend (I attended without a live Internet connection during the course (although it was on weekdays), it was more imparting of knowledge than monitoring live charts, that comes in coaching and webinars) and 2). While the K2A strategies come bundled within an eSignal subscription, when I took the course I asked whether eSignal was essential and was told no - you can use the trading style on any charting package, including the free ones.

But as a general life point, you really ought to do your research in its entirety before handing over any money. If you pay a non-returnable deposit then generally the risk is on you.

thank you guys for your responses which I really appreciate. I e-mailed them telling them I wanted to pull out. They said I could if I sent them a registered post letter explaining why, etc within 7 working days of registering with them. I sent that off today, with guaranteed delivery tomorrow. It remains to be seen if they really do refund my deposit, and if they try and take the remainder of the amount. I hope they are as good as their word- action is as action does.

I am interested in FOREX, and am now working through the Baby Pics course. Can anyone recommend the right software etc, and also a reputable broker where I can get a free practice account ? Warm wishes John T

damn that sucks dude. Hopefully, you can get it back.

I’ve also just recently started trading forex and i’m currently usingZulutrade.It seems okay, and you can open a practice account on there. It also has the benefit of being a social trading site, ie. you can follow other traders and get copy their trades and read their strategies as well. Good thing is they have a wide variety of brokers they support, some better than others.

IBFX, Alpari, or FXCM would all be a great place to start for free accounts.

IBFX doesn’t expire, it would be my first choice. Oanda would be a great place to open a small live account.

If they fail to refund you after having received your letter then charge back, you’ve given them enough notice, you’ve requested to withdraw and sent it to them by post. If they’re as reputable as other are saying then they shouldn’t have an issue with giving you a refund.

was I just lucky, or are the company OK after all ? They did not take the remainder of the payment due, and they refunded my money in full, I was expecting some admin fee ! After having changed their trading name from Knowledge to Action, to Learn to Trade, maybe they did not want any bad publicity for their ‘new’ brand ? What do you recon guys ?

[QUOTE=“threadgold;521754”]was I just lucky, or are the company OK after all ? They did not take the remainder of the payment due, and they refunded my money in full, I was expecting some admin fee ! After having changed their trading name from Knowledge to Action, to Learn to Trade, maybe they did not want any bad publicity for their ‘new’ brand ? What do you recon guys ?[/QUOTE]

Personally I don’t think that you we’re lucky, they’re just on the level. I first took their course in early 2010 and since then they have have done everything that they said they would. And yes, I’m full time, profitable and trade how they taught me.

One thing, though - they have not ‘changed their name’ as such. The company grew and is involved in more than simply teaching people to trade. K2A still exists as an entity, but the trader education bit was hived off and rebranded Learn To Trade a few months ago to make everything work better and more clearly. Their corporate branding very often includes both titles (as one is a part of the other) so it was not an attempt at hiding anything. Happens in growing companies all the time!

In my view, one shame of BP - and the rookie trading community in general - is that the question of whether someone is offering good value for money is too often confused with a discussion of whether someone is honest.

I’m happy with K2A on both fronts, some will be happy on neither, some on one, but it is two different issues.

ST

[QUOTE=“SimonTemplar;521793”]
In my view, one shame of BP - and the rookie trading community in general - is that the question of whether someone is offering good value for money is too often confused with a discussion of whether someone is honest.
[/QUOTE]

What did they teach you that could not be found on the Internet for free Simon…?

Anything proprietary…? Anything that only those within the banking sector would know…? Anything not covered in the babypips school…? Anything that a google search would not lead you to…?

By the way these are honest question out of curiosity…

1 Like

[QUOTE=“ILovePizzaMore;521797”]

What did they teach you that could not be found on the Internet for free Simon…?

Anything proprietary…? Anything that only those within the banking sector would know…? Anything not covered in the babypips school…? Anything that a google search would not lead you to…?

By the way these are honest question out of curiosity…[/QUOTE]

Don’t really want to hijack the thread away from OP’s core issue so won’t ramble on - you can find my K2A views by searching the BP archive - but in a word I’d say ‘context’. No bankers’ inside track, just solid technicals with lots of coaching, lots of analysis, lots of worked examples, and the opportunity to ask an awful lot of questions at length in context while actually knowing the people I am asking and seeing some of their trading. My issue with google, fora etc as a learning source is that much of it is conflicting and much of it is nonsense and there’s no effective way for learners reliably to spot the bits that work well in concert.

Sorry, that’s about as brief as I get!

Oh no… I hope this is a hard lesson learned. There are plenty of free education out there if you want more than Babypips. You can take a look at FXPRIMUS’s blog. Go to "Learn Forex Trading’ or you can ask questions about Forex too from the expert himself. It’s free.

Forex Trading Strategies Questions? Get Any Forex Answer Here!

This company is nothing but a fraud

On the 3rd of March 2019, my wife and I went to “Learn To Trade” workshop on the Gold Coast. The workshop was presented by Arthur Ladeira. During the presentation, Arthur mentioned the cost of the course $13000. At the end of the presentation, he offered the course for $4995 and said it is just for today.

Because we are so desperate to make some extra money, I signed up and paid $1000 and told him that I will pay the rest of the money ($3995) by end of the next week (18/3/2019).

On Monday 4/3/19 I tried to get a personal loan with Latitude Finance, but my application was declined.

I called them on 4/3/19 afternoon and spoke to a lady who called herself my account manager. I told her that I am unable to pay the rest of the money and would like to cancel my enrolment. She told me that they will hold the money till I am ready and I can do the course when I pay the full amount. I told her that I won’t be able to accumulate the rest of the money and I just want to cancel it and refund the deposit.

As I wasn’t having any luck with her, I hung up. I tried calling them again on 5th, 6th and 7th of March, but nobody answered the phone. I sent them a few emails and didn’t receive any response.

Last Friday (8/3/2019) afternoon I received a call from Jake Williams (Jake Murphy-Client Experience Manager). He said that he would like to resolve this issue. He mentioned that if I don’t pay the balance amount by 18/3/19, the company can get debt collectors to collect it from me.

He said that he can help me to cancel the contract. Based on the agreed terms of this close, I will not be required to pay the remaining sum of my course amount of $3,995.00 and forfeit the deposit I have previously paid of $1,000.00.

Hey @kacharya, contact the Queensland Government… not sure what it’s called in QLD but in Victoria we have VCAT which should advise you that you possibly have a cooling off period on most signed contracts… Act Quickly… generally only lasts 7 - 14 days…If you haven’t yet attended any courses then they haven’t provided any service and should be reversible by law…

QCAT_Cooling off period_
There is a statutory cooling off period for unsolicited consumer agreements. You may terminate an unsolicited agreement within 10 business days without penalty.

In some circumstances, if the supplier breaches certain rules regarding unsolicited consumer agreements, the cooling off period may be extended to 3 or 6 months.

To terminate the agreement within the cooling off period, you must notify the supplier. You can notify the supplier verbally or in writing. It is best if you notify the supplier in writing. A written notice to terminate can be sent by post, email, fax or may be hand delivered. There is no set form for this notice.

If you have trouble terminating your agreement within the cooling off period, you should get legal advice.

A cooling off period QLD is in place on most car, house, equipment / service contracts and overrides any pressure sales as found primarily in Real Estate in QLD… it’s designed to stop these shonky bullshite peddlers and can get both parties out of trouble… this law tripped up a training scheme that Jordan Belfort was involved in few years back and sent him home to the US…

I am looking to move to QLD and are becoming aware that the laws are a little different to the rest of the eastern seaboard… PM me if you like… Good Luck…

Hello @Trendswithbenefits, I have contacted ASIC. They are going to investigate, but they can’t help me with getting my refund back. I have tried many many times to contact “Learn To Trade”, but they are not responding.

Hi, I don’t know if you got your refund in the end. I had a similar experience with these guys. If you’re still unhappy with them, there is a class action you can join to

try get your money back. It won’t cost you anything.

Looks like people have to be more careful while enrolling in such paid courses. It is a painful situation to understand that we have paid money to a course which is not worth the money.

There’s another possibility what if some comments here is just a trap? Hello nice to meet you here I’m a Nigerian