EUR/USD long term outlook and strategy

Hello traders,

I made this video last night - my take on EUR/USD trends in the long term - and I

wanted to share it with you:

It is nearly twenty minutes long, so I do not expect you to watch it all, although

if the sound of my voice does not send you to the pillow then please either “Like”

the video, or leave some feedback.

The audio quality may be better, so I will look into that for my next video; please

leave feedback on anything that you found useful or not about the information.

Thank you

Happy trading!

According to the YouTube stats, at least one person did actually watch my video

in its entirety:

Perhaps I will make the next one a little shorter!

Hello traders,

I was looking back on my analysis and I noticed that I had projected a test of the long-term ceiling around the 1.3800 level in April of 2014; however, today this pair achieved a level that was only a handful of pips short of 1.3800, three months or so sooner than anticipated.

I have gone back to the chart and re-drawn the top line on the Desktop version of FXCM Trading Station, which offers a ‘High-Low’ option for drawing lines, which is very important when drawing them on monthly charts, as the free-hand approach can lead to some errors of calculation… In this case, the line came a little higher, clear of price action, passing over at around 1.3900.

Therefore, the test in April may yet occur…but what I also found, which was fascinating, was that, like for the EUR/GBP pair (as highlighted in my video about that pair), there has been an eighteen-year cycle for price, bringing us roughly to the same level as in 1995; on the chart image that I attach here, you can see that we are back below that dashed black line, which was a resistance level back then, and which was broken with the 2008 market crash… a significant level, being positioned at 1.3820, which is roughly around the Fibonacci 0.50 level for the Dec.2005 low to Mar.2008 high (which is at 1.3780)…

Given that this level has held, so far, I still expect it to hold in the medium term; it will be interesting to see if my April 2014 projection will still have some significance.

Happy trading

Hello traders!

Well, it was time to go back to my projection and analysis of this pair, being this month (April 2014) when the test of

several significant resistance levels and cycles would come to play: as forecast, the 1.3800 level, which was the 50% Fib.

level, and the 1.3800+ level (up to 1.3900) from the long-term line connecting the high peaks down from 2008, were

tested back in December already, and finally now, in April, they were tested again, and held.

In other words: the predicted cycle, leading to a bounce off said level (1.38+) this April (2014), came to fruition and

we are now looking at our next long-term target would be, all being well, around 1.21 - 1.22 in November 2015,

potentially.

Happy trading.

There is a good chance that the EURUSD is going to stay range bound for quite for time. We may not see any significant movements until the ECB makes up its mind about easing or not.

Yes, fxstrategist!

I agree, until Draghi does something about the Euro’s rise, this pair is not going to sort itself out!

However, the other half of the equation (the US Dollar) may well be in for a surprise appreciation,

although that too seems a much debated issue.

Regards

From a technical point of view I don’t think 1.21 will happen. Lowest we go I predict 1.3. Long term buyers need to hit 1.47 to take profit. :slight_smile:

Good analysis, Naughtypip…

Anything long-term, when it comes to forecasts, is subject to regular review and rethink, but it is good to engage in
forward-thinking. Also, when dealing with a multi-decade monthly chart, a tiny move up or down when setting down
a line on a chart can be many pips away, so it is good to aim for an open range rather than a precise number…

Thank you.

EURUSD is still ranging after Draghi speech!!! :33:

I believe higher time frame supply is in play for now on Euro, so on H4 I expect a move down to the lower yellow box over next week. Just need some decent bear pa to get things started. Dollar index shows similar story. I see the gap on euro but don’t feel it will be filled yet, lets see. :slight_smile:

Bear pa arrived.

Great video, really enjoyed.

Thank you, honeill…

You are the first to actually acknowledged having watched it (both here and on YouTube), which is good news!

We live in an age where we are prone to ‘feedback exhaustion’, as everyone asks for feedback… But it truly is

what can help someone new learning to get better at what they provide - in this case, I would want to know if

my videos were helpful, and how they could be improved.

Like Queen Cleopiptra’s and Mauriforex’s videos, if nobody every gave them feedback, they may as well just

post them to themselves only!

Cheers.

The video is not very clear, quite blur. Other than that I think it’s good analysis.

Thanks peeterwoolf… I think that the EzVId (free) software has poor video capture quality…

Euro pierced the 1.3900 barrier two days ago (6th May), but after an 80-pip rise it tanked, falling about 100 pips

today following Draghi’s commentary (=ready to intervene on the currency next month)… We are now back down

below that multi-year barrier (1.3900)…

Bears may celebrate tonight…

Yep, I shorted the EURUSD just now. TP is 1.3788.

EUR/USD heading south; as I type this, it is about twenty pips shy of the 1.3800 level…

Difficult to break a round-number level on low participation and on a quiet day…plus, it is Friday…

If 1.3800 were broken by more than ten pips, and it stuck below it, then I will re-enter this bear move…

Unsure as to whether this is just the continuation of a rally (and a rinsing out of long trades), or the

long-awaited reversal for this pair, to 1.3700 and beyond…

Cheers

PS - According to my video analysis, there was a cyclic top projection for April 2014 around 1.39(xx), which has indeed

come to pass around the expected time and level, and a cyclic bottom projection for Nov. 2015 around 1.22(xx) ...

It would be interesting to see if this pair could indeed descend anywhere as much as 1,600 pips from current levels…

Hello Traders,

looking back on the projection for the next big EUR/USD move, I created a new graphic/chart to show how the 1.22, or,

in this case, 1.21 (but we could say a range between the two), could be reached next:

What can you see here?

The middle (red) horizontal line is the 1.36(xx) level, which is Resistance for this month’s candle;

the high (blue) horizontal line is the 1.51(xx) level;

the low (blue) horizontal line is the 1.21(xx) level.

The 1.51 is the middle point or apex of a triangle made of five (or near-five) year cycles:

Ascending phase:

1. 1998 - 2005: from 1.21 to 1.36;
  2. 2005 - 2009: from 1.36 to 1.51;

Descending phase:

1. 2009 - 2014: from 1.51 to 1.36;
    2) 2014 - 2019: from 1.36 to 1.21.

The last cycle is highlighted in red as it is a projection, based on a continuation of five-year cycles, marked on the chart as vertical broken (red) lines.

Each cycle consists approximately of a 1,500 pip move, hence the projection of 1.21(xx) as the next target from 1.36(xx).

Cheers.