Discussion On Stop Order Strategy

Hello Everyone,

I am starting this thread to discuss the strategy on that thread:

Forex Weekly Signals make 500 to 3000 pips per month

After a little bir of tension on the signal following thread, we were advised to start our own thread to discuss the strategy because the original poster and his true followers didn’t want their strategy to be discussed openly. So here we are. If you are interested in making thousands of pips with signals, please refer to the original thread. This thread only intends to discuss, not offers signals and success.

Now it would be better if I give you a little bit of history of what we discuss here. On the original thread, the signal provider publishes his signals for 15 pairs on a weekly basis and they are all based on the Stop Orders.

Basically, the formula of the stop order levels are calculated as follows:

For Buy Stop: Close + [(High-Low)/3]
For Sell Stop: Close - [(High-Low)/3]

Two counter pending orders are placed for each pair and TP and SL levels are always 200 to 100.

I offered some criticism to this strategy and some wanted to join in the discussion while others preferred to blindly follow the signals and asked us to go do it elsewhere. Well, now this is the elsewhere.

I will answer the questions asked on the other thread in my proceeding posts.

Regards

Great work Metin, good find :wink:

When I had shared my criticism, I think I haven’t stated my ideas quite clearly and I may have caused some misunderstanding.

In order to demistify what I am talking about I am quoting myself from the other thread.

Hi Metin thanks for opening the new thread to talk about the signals given.
My understanding is from your reseach is that EURUSD,EURJPY,GBPUSD,GBPJPY,AUDUSD,AUDJPY,NZDUSD,NZDJPY,are the prs to trade best returns.
With the orders being placed after market opens looking at the high and low of the previous week to get a pip figure and then divide that figure by 3 and then placing a BS AND SS from the close,by the pip amount tp 200 and sl 100,and as you have allready stated waiting it to clear s/r levels,have i got it right.
BTW i,m using the swiss army ea to place all my tp sl be and trailing levels after the trades are opened saves me time.
Regards

Now answering forex1’s questions:

Answer to your first & second question: Actually I didn’t decide on batches. I am sorry I couldn’t clearly state what I intended to say so I am rephrasing. I told about different batches only to show you that the 15 pairs in the signal list could be traded from different angles. If you apply a reductionist approach to this strategy, you can raise the profit in percentage using a smaller margin.

Not all of the contradicting pairs are eliminated in the batches. For instance the Batch 3 which has only EUR and GBP pairs is a lot apt for contradicting trades. So, what I wanted to show was that now that we are trading 15 pairs, why don’t we trade more pairs using the same methodology as long as we don’t care about contradicting pairs? Actually this part has been a lot confusing and unnecessary but to answer your question let me say in short: I only grouped the pairs based on an assumption that may be it could be more profitable if I pick somewhat correlated pairs with one or two currency being in the center of each batch.

Answer to your final question: I prefer to exclude those pairs. Because, fundamental-wise some currencies react almost parallelly to some major news and moves so I grouped the currencies in this logic:

1. USD. The king of the market.
  2. JPY. It always moves differently and has a peculiar character.
  3. EUR, GBP, CHF. European currencies that move hand in hand.
  4. AUD, NZD, CAD. Commodity currencies which are highly affected by moves in oil, gold and other in the commodities market which I am not familiar to.

So I have four elements in my currency universe. 2 of them are independent currencies, namely USD and JPY. From the European currencies I excluded CHF because it is almost the same with EUR, but the dynamics of GBP is a little different. In my opinion it is unnecessary to trade EURUSD and USDCHF at the same time, because most likely they so rarely move independently. When you trade the both, it is like doubling the lot size in either of them. But if I am to trade EURUSD, I think it would be better to diversify that trade by including GBPUSD because one of them is always the early bird but I don’t know which. So if I were to trade 1 lot of EURUSD, I would reduce the lot size to 0.5 and give GBPUSD the other half of the trade with 0.5 lot.

Of the comdolls, I exclude CAD for a different reason. It is always the one moving behind, displaying slower moves, kinda dull. But AUD and NZD are good mates to match just like EUR and GBP. The same logic applies here.

So now when I am to trade AUDUSD, I diversify it with NZDUSD just like I diversify EURUSD with GBPUSD. The same goes for AUDJPY & NZDJPY and EURJPY & GBPJPY.

As for crossing European pairs with comdolls, I don’t find myself capable to do that. Maybe it is better to trade them too but my capacity falls short to study this.

In short, when applying the signals for 15 pairs, I didn’t feel comfortable because it contradicts with how I view the market moves. I may be wrong, of course. But it al stems from the idea that I want to know what and why I am trading certain pairs.

Thank you very much for your input, Sami. This is exactly what I expected when I asked people to discuss.

First off, I am not familiar with the terminology you use, such as “EUR^4,CHF, GBP^3,1/JPY^3 and USD^2”

But how do we know if it is really intended to hedge the risk in the portfolio? And even if so, doesn’t it fall short when we do not trade them all? Because if it is a designed portfolio, each pair should be traded. If some pairs are not traded, then the risk isn’t hedged because something in the basket moves unplanned, or should I say, something in the basket doesn’t move and doesn’t perform what it is supposed to do, nullifiying the intention of hedging a probable risk.

And you are right. If I have a bad day/week, it’s a bad day/week. But this is why a certain percentage of SL is pre-determined for each trade. Yet let’s not forget, we are not hedgers, we are in it to win it. This is the initial reason we want to join the market. If I wanted to hedge my money, I wouldn’t even invest. If I am aiming to profit, I must be ready for losses too. If I hedge it, it means I am not sure what could happen so I trade all of them lessening the risk. But I am not sure if trading 15 pairs, 12 of which are USD and JPY pairs is a good idea giving them 15 % SL in total per week.

Can you recommend any source to read about portfolio management and risk-hedging?

Hi Marc,

Since I don’t apply the signals directly, I can’t say the ones I picked make the best profits.

As I explained above in response to forex1’s questions, I find it easier to trade these 8 pairs.

Also I don’t apply the same entry levels in the signals. For instance yesterday I sold GBPJPY at 158.64 and I entered NZDJPY earlier than I had thought. (Btw, NZDJPY isn’t included in the 15 pairs). Because I have a high expectation of NZD for short and also I shorted NZDJPY after NZDUSD reached the sell stop level.

This week my current positions are:

AUDJPY short at 93.15
EURJPY short at 133.41
EURUSD short at 1.3493
GBPJPY short at 158.64
NZDJPY short at 82.73
NZDUSD short at 0.8280

AUDUSD pending to short at 0.9313
GBPUSD pending to short at 1.5915

Contrary to what I told in my posts this week I also traded CHFJPY and CADJPY because they looked promising to me. And since I have a small account I am not applying everything I stated in my posts. But this is not real trading, only micro-lots (0.01). And I decided to trade them only after I checked Dollar Index, USDJPY, USDCHF and USDCAD. They all seemed to approve my entry on CADJPY and CHFJPY.

I entered CADJPY and CHFJPY earlier than the signal levels

CADJPY short at 95.93
CHFJPY short at 108.63

I have 420 pips profit as I write this. I don’t know when to close in. Only EURUSD is in the red, -17 pips as of yet.

I am not saying this is the best but this is only how i see it. And keep in mind please I don’t call myself a trader but only a novice trying to learn.

Hi Metin please explain how you came to enter EURUSD sell at 1.3493 what were your calculations for this price…
Regards

Hi Metin and Others…
Good to see that u r helping every one …
I never said u against me I already post that the 1st post u make i miss understand some things and also u dont ur self what wholex say to u just make a post that showing my image badly again i not come here to say some bad but i also want to continue as u can because the traders who want to learn this strategy also still is not same as mine but good going will get benfited from your posts …

Also do not say the all are blindly followers because when i start the thread in 1 to 2 weeks many traders contact me and say thnx and want me to continue because many of them did not sit and wait for oppertunity all day long and many want to earn money throgh trading but dont want to analys there self and many others who also get benefit from my thread…

I am not saying that i m a Master i am also a learner and still on learning process because in forex learning has no end…

Also Keep all cool because we are here to make money not for fight…

I will also keep an eye on your thread and if i saw some thing that will improve our strategy we will implemnt it …

Good Going For u and Wish Good Luck to u and all who learning this strategy …

Hi Marc,

I am sorry I forgot to explain that part.

I entered on EURUSD solely on my USD-alone Price Action strategy that I had been studying on for a couple of weeks.

On that one, I am only observing Gold, EUR, GBP, CHF (not to trade, but keep an eye on), JPY, AUD, NZD and CAD (rarely to trade).

I mark critical levels on daily charts and seek entry opportunities on daily and/or H4.

This is what I saw on EURUSD Daily

And this is daily again zoomed:

And this is H4:

I entered that trade in the early hours of Tuesday, only 2 hours after the New York daily close. See the big black bearish bar. I am expecting to keep this trade until it reaches 1.34. After that I will decide whether I close it or wait for it to reach 1.32 level.

Hi loveislife,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

As I said in my last post on your thread, I have nothing against you and I see you feel the same. Nonetheless I want to repeat my apology here for not being patient and making unkind remarks about you personally. Obviously it was a misunderstanding and I am glad that we have come to establish that.

As for calling them blind followers, it’s not a denigration but only a way of defining the difference between my perception and theirs in simple terms. I don’t think it would be necessary to argue about the semantics of the term I used to refer to them. Considering their behaviour, honestly I don’t even feel bad about it and I don’t think they care either.

I would be happy to see your participation here to share your ideas as well. You are most welcome.

All the best to you!

Is this using last Friday close or last week close ?

Im subscribing:-)

Sorry, I forgot to say that the close, high and low are all WEEKLY values.

So, last week’s close, last week’s high and last week’s low.

both fridays close and week close should be same. unless you have a seperate candle for saturday.

Hi Metin,

Which broker platform you use?

Hi Viajim,

I use MT4.

Metin,

I think having a questioning mind is better than following a band wagon. Making 1000 pips sounds fantastic but without the proper knowledge its worth nothing. That’s what I believe.
Not only should people here try to discuss the strategy but form a better performing strategy
So I am with you on this one.

Hi loveislife786,

You been very good to many by providing weekly signals and I encourage you to keep it up.
I never meant to disrepute your integrity and I have not acted in that manner. I am very new to fx trading (about 4weeks), I tried to understand and follow analysis on any thread about the reason before every trade decision. This is an open forum, information should be plain and clear. Never leave an opportunity for people to doubt your action. Information are sourced by the click of a mouse. Its a global community.

Cheers!

[QUOTE=“metin;540271”]Hello Everyone,

I am starting this thread to discuss the strategy on that thread:

Forex Weekly Signals make 500 to 3000 pips per month

After a little bir of tension on the signal following thread, we were advised to start our own thread to discuss the strategy because the original poster and his true followers didn’t want their strategy to be discussed openly. So here we are. If you are interested in making thousands of pips with signals, please refer to the original thread. This thread only intends to discuss, not offers signals and success.

Now it would be better if I give you a little bit of history of what we discuss here. On the original thread, the signal provider publishes his signals for 15 pairs on a weekly basis and they are all based on the Stop Orders.

Basically, the formula of the stop order levels are calculated as follows:

Two counter pending orders are placed for each pair and TP and SL levels are always 200 to 100.

I offered some criticism to this strategy and some wanted to join in the discussion while others preferred to blindly follow the signals and asked us to go do it elsewhere. Well, now this is the elsewhere.

I will answer the questions asked on the other thread in my proceeding posts.

Regards[/QUOTE]

I’ve tried this exact strategy years ago back in my noob years of trading… I manually back tested it on eurusd, gbpusd, and audusd… I can save you a lot of time by telling you it does not work. There is no edge… It is the statistical equivalent of flipping a coin.

If you really insist on back testing this yourself… Pick three years to test all the way through… Maybe 2004, 2009, and 2011.