Usd/chf. Big Big Mistake

Hi. I just curious as to what drove the usd/chf pair up so high. I though all the uncertainties in the us would cause a decline in the dollar. I’m new to the Forex and made a big mistake. I opened a trade for 1 lot thinking it was a micro lot .01. So I am short on the usdchf pair. My account is almost maxed because of this. I’m wondering if I should just close the trade now. If it gaps I could get wiped out. I went short at 9025, it closed at 9070. Down $500 and only deposited $1000. Big Mistake ;I been playing around with micro lots, so I didnt have to worry about a trade running away; but not knowing this was a lot, it got away on me.

Is the usd/chf going to gap?

The first mistake was not closing it immediately upon noticing it was the wrong size.

Who knows if it will gap or not?

Best of luck. Dunno if Monday will gap, but get out as soon as you can on Monday.

I think the spike has something to do with dollar bears booking profits and taking off their positions just in case something positive happens with the U.S. government over the weekend. No one knows if it will gap in a few hours, but I hope you make better trade decisions next week!

9082 is resistance, no gap opened up so the ‘pressure’ is downward for Asian, no deal in sight so possible that the market will get tired of waiting -I wouldn’t panic just yet.

Well NoName, pressure was indeed downward in asia - You are currently at B/e - how did you get on?.

I ended up closing it at 9030. Ended up taking a small loss, which, in this situation is fine. I have been allot more careful with lot sizes after that ha ha. Not sure what I was even doing trading that pair in the first place.

Ah well, good exercise in how not to panic when it goes wrong - many thks for posting.

Close call! At least this lesson wasn’t too expensive for you. Something to be careful about on your next trades!