FX market day calculation

Please can anyone help me, I want to know how to calculate or locate the point of start and end of an FX day so that I can spot its open, high, low and close price for accuracy in my pivot point calculation

Do you have a demo account yet? You should have free charts that already show you these candles. There are also platforms that already calculate possible pivot points for you.

Yes I have but I need to learn how to do the calculation myself, I know the formula for the calculation but the problem now is the one I have already mentioned in the thread

sorry friend o dont have any idea about forex please teach me about forex
regards
abul

The open and close of the forex trading day is a matter of [I][B]opinion[/B][/I] — because, technically, the market is open 24 hours per day all around the world, except on weekends.

The market opens [I][B]for the week[/B][/I] at 8am on Monday morning in New Zealand, and closes at 5pm on Friday afternoon in New York. That’s approximately 122 hours each week, during which the market never closes.

In order to create charts in the time frames between 2 hours (H2) and 1 day (D1), trading platforms must [I]assume[/I] a start time for each “trading day”. If you have access to a trading platform, you should examine the charts in the H2 to D1 time frames, to determine what time your broker is using as the open and close of each day. Then, if you prefer a different open/close time, you will have to ask your broker whether you can change that setting.

There isn’t universal agreement among traders about when the “trading day” opens and closes. Some traders use midnight GMT as the beginning of each forex trading day. Some use midnight New York time. I strongly believe that 5pm New York time is the logical time to choose as the start of each trading day, based on daily patterns of trading volume.

Here are two previous posts on this subject which might help to answer your question — here and here.

(Ignore the comment about Castle Dracula at the bottom of the second post — it was a joke between Dale Paterson and myself, and a few others).

@CLINT, Thanks sooooo much, your help was so much useful, I found out that the FX market day start and end is at the point of no “session overlap” which occurs only between New York and Sydney
[U]Time[/U]
4:00pm-5:00pm EST
9:00pm-10:00pm GMT