Christmas Forex book list?

This year i set up a goal to read at least one forex book instead of some novel during these Christmas holidays… so i started investigate which book to read, it was really tough and then i thought why can’t we together make a Christmas Book list??? Rules are simple: post one book that the most influenced your trading, the best book you would suggest your friends and if somebody posts the same book, just like the post :slight_smile:

1 Like

This one is pretty decent.It explaints eliott waves + ichimoku strategies very deeply.I learned much from this one:

Ichimoku Charts: An Introduction to Ichimoku Kinko Clouds: Nicole Elliott: 9781897597842: Amazon.com: Books

I love books! Yes, no novels for me either. Well, I got a copy of Hunger Games trilogy from my friend so I will be busy for this Christmas :slight_smile:

Books in terms of trading. My favorite is “Millionaire Traders: How Everyday People Are Beating Wall Street at its Own Game” by Kathy Lein. It is a good inspirational books for us aspiring traders and it gives us a little boost and something to look forward too that it is possible to make money trading…

Also, a true to life story movie called “The Pursuit of Happiness” is a good inspiration too :slight_smile:

Pursuit of happiness is a great movie :slight_smile:

For books, try Naked Forex

“[B]Forex patterns & Probabilities[/B]” by Ed Ponsi is a decent one for beginners. Mainly focusing on technical analysis but also gives a nice introduction to forex in general in the beginning.

I think a classic ‘Reminiscences of a Stock Operator’ by Edwin Lefevre would suit everyone on Christmas :wink:

My personal favourite is the hungry hungry catapillar.

It’s an epic tale of a catapillar, who is as the title suggests, very, very hungry. Through his travels he eats and eats, not knowing where the journey will take him. I won’t spoil the ending but IT… IS… AWESOME.

Only book you need is “trading in the zone”.

Right, but would you so kind enough to offer any books suggestions as the tittle of this thread?

I have to admit, we have a re-cycling bin, coloured blue, into which I deposited a great many ‘trading’ books.

The only (very few) books that did not reach this fate are those written by real traders, especially those whose motive in writing is not to make money.

Currently, only two authors meet the criteria, both have passed. The only other that I have is L. Williams, yet to be decided upon.

Hi Peterma,
Happy new year!!

Which books would you recommend by such author/traders??

Totally agree with Trading in the Zone. My fav of all time
Love your name from the Usual Suspects. Pure Classic

Not a bigtime fan of books:10:, however videos do it for me

• Million Dollar Traders- A practical lesson in trading psych

Happy and prosperous new year to you and to everyone.

Richard Wyckoff’s two books (1910 and 1925) and Jesse Livermore’s book written just before his death are good.

A good synopsis of Livermore’s work is here:

Jesse Livermore - Stock trading hero and womanizer

I like Larry Williams book (2012) on short term trading, and for inter-market analysis - John J Murphy (2013)

That’s about it.

Happy New everyone and to you Mr. Pete!

I notice that you always bring up Livermore’s so I am curious now to check it out. Thanks!

P.s oh wait, womanizer? I missed that part … Lol never-mined

‘Reminiscences of a Stock Operator’ probably one of the best books, if you didn’t read it should be a must in your list. It’s a classic !

Please expand upon the two successful authors and their books. Thanks

Would like to give it a try in this weekend

Some other good classics that are worth a look are the market wizard books.

Market Wizards: Interviews with Top Traders: Amazon.co.uk: Jack D. Schwager: Books

This is also a good new book I am currently reading in regards to trading using volume.

A Complete Guide To Volume Price Analysis eBook: Anna Coulling: Amazon.co.uk: Books

Some of my recent favorites are Hedge Fund Wizards by Jack Schwager and The Playbook by Mike Bellafiore. Great for discretionary, macro traders who approach trading as a skill that needs to be developed over time!