Using babypips position size calculator - Problem with volume

Hi!
I got a problem in my Fx Pro MT4 platform when I set my order.
I have a 3000€ demo account with 1:1 leverage.
Using the babypips position size calculator, if I want, for example, calculate my position size:account balance 3000€, with a 1% risk, a 25 stop loss in pips, currency pair EUR/USD and price for the pair 1.3600, the calculator gives me a 16320 units position size or 1 minilot or 16 microlots.
My problem is that the MT4 system says me I have no money enough to do the trade… I can not order a 0,16 volume neither 0,10…
I have just chatted with the Fxpro live support and they’ve said to me that with 1:1 leverage and with only 3000€ capital I can’t trade that kind of volume… And I don’t understand this because the calculator gives me a 16320 units position…
Please any help! I’m newbie and am anxious to start demo trading!
Thank you very much in advance.

[QUOTE=“oscard9;586437”]Hi! I got a problem in my Fx Pro MT4 platform when I set my order. I have a 3000€ demo account with 1:1 leverage. Using the babypips position size calculator, if I want, for example, calculate my position size:account balance 3000€, with a 1% risk, a 25 stop loss in pips, currency pair EUR/USD and price for the pair 1.3600, the calculator gives me a 16320 units position size or 1 minilot or 16 microlots. My problem is that the MT4 system says me I have no money enough to do the trade… I can not order a 0,16 volume neither 0,10… I have just chatted with the Fxpro live support and they’ve said to me that with 1:1 leverage and with only 3000€ capital I can’t trade that kind of volume… And I don’t understand this because the calculator gives me a 16320 units position… Please any help! I’m newbie and am anxious to start demo trading! Thank you very much in advance.[/QUOTE]

They’re 100% right, with 1:1 leverage & a €3000 account, you’ll only be able to trade.

You’ve set the boundaries of your trade so with a 1% risk & a stop-loss placed 25-pips away, you can only lose €30. Now if you actually applied leverage to you me account (in terms of this one trade), it wouldn’t matter if you had leverage of 50:1 or 800:1 - you could still only lose you initial €30 risk if the trade went against you & hit you SL.

Have you read the leverage section of the BabyPips School? If not, I’d advise you to check it out. Leverage is a double edged sword, it allows you to trade with a far larger position & have a higher pip value which equals more profit but it’s also a higher pip value when the trade goes against you. However with proper money management, calculated positions & a SL - leverage can easily be your friend.

See if you can change your leverage to 20:1, it’s a low value & would allow you to trade €60,000. It’s enough to trade the position in your example & as I said, with your stop in place, it’s still only €30 you could lose.

Thank you very much baz1982 for your answer.
Yes, I’m graduated at babypips school, but I will read leverage section again :wink:
I’ll try with 20:1 leverage despite don’t like it because at babypips recommend only 1:1 leverage (at least if you are newbie)…
Anyway thank you very much again for your well explained answer and your time!