The worst Slippage & Widening Spreads: What's the Higher than the highest pips' gaps?

[B][I][U]FOCUS ON “JUST AFTER THE BIG NEWS”:[/U][/I][/B]
While the spreads are normally 2 to 4 pips, is there anyone wanna share from the worthy…a self experience-based facts, on how many pips are usually widening during that 2 or 5 or 10 seconds only (just after a market driven news is released such as Employment or Interest Rates, etc)
[B]
Speaking of how many pips the slippage and the spreads widened…[/B]
Someone might say 3 times (3 x 3 normal pips spreads = 9pips),
Others may say 7 times (7 x 3 normal pips spreads = 21 pips),
or the more extreme facts said that it could be 12 times (12 x 3 normal pips spreads = 36 pips)

And after that, in just 10 or 20 seconds later the spreads shall return, back to normal again (2 to 4 pips)

Please, share your experience along with the inevitable higher than the highest widening gaps in numbers.
Thanks for sharing…to prepare for the worst :slight_smile:

It’s right before big news, and continues sporadically for a couple of minutes

I’ve personally seen 100+ pip spreads on crosses. To see 30 is not out of the ordinary on the majors. Last month’s NFP I saw 30+ on the GBPUSD for a few seconds. It happens so fast it’s hard to know the exact amount, but it was over 30 at one point. The GBPNZD was over 70.

And yes, I know the difference between a pip and a pipette.

*Edit: On second thought, it was the FOMC and the “taper” that I was thinking of that moved the market like that, not the NFP.

What…? 100+ pips on non-major pairs?? Oh my…

Indeed, our pain is brokers’ gain. It shouldn’t necessary wrong if more and more traders keep saying “greedy”. Even without widening the spreads the brokers still having nice & constant gains regularly.

Everybody knows that 99.9% of the existing ‘FIXED SPREAD’ forex company are totally just a liar, scam and most importantly, they are so EVASIVE to answer the challenging question if they’re widening the spread during the big news. Is it too hard for them just to say “Yes, we are obviously widening the spreads at those specific moments”.

What a wonderful people if they’re willing to start building a real, genuine “FIXED SPREAD” forex companies–no matter what.

Please share us in case someone know the list of the real “FIXED SPREAD” FOREX COMPANIES. Thanks for sharing.

Thread is old but still actual. Today I got a spread of 494.4 pips at USDNOK. Is this a new world-record ? Broker seemed to be a serious FCA-regulated broker till now. I complained and got email with beginner-advises regarding slippage and high volatility upon news, etc. I wrote a harsh mail back. I’m looking forward to their response on Monday. Beginning to think that these Gang(Bank(g))sters are really bad loosers.