What do you listen while trading?

Do you think it can change the way we trade? What kind of music would be the best from your point of view guys?

ac/dc live at river plate!

Here’s a helpful thread from early last year. A lot of traders apparently like soothing music!

http://forums.babypips.com/trading-psychology/51180-anybody-use-music-regulate-their-trading-psychology.html

I think we should listen to calm and quiet tunes to relax our mind & reduce stress

I have an eclectic mix of music on 21 different “stations” on Pandora. Each of my stations is named after an artist that I especially like — Ellis Marsalis, Bonnie Raitte, Joe Bongiorno, Eva Cassidy, and many others — but each one plays dozens of different artists in the same genre as the title artist.

Right now, I’m listening to my “k.d. lang” station, and the track that’s playing is Sara Bareilles’ song [I]Gravity.[/I] There are hundreds of tracks on this one station, and every one of them is in the K.D. Lang genre.

The beauty of [I]Pandora[/I] is that you can “train” the site to indentify your taste in music, and then it plays the stuff you like — and offers you new tracks by various artists that match your taste. Since finding [I]Pandora[/I] several years ago, I haven’t used any other service. You can use the service for free, if you can tolerate commercials after every 5 tracks (or so); or, you can eliminate the commercials by subscribing to [I]Pandora’s[/I] upgraded service for a fee. Same features either way, except for the commercials. (And, no, I don’t work for [I]Pandora[/I], don’t get paid a commission to promote [I]Pandora[/I], and don’t own stock in [I]Pandora.[/I] I just like it.)

When I’m managing trades (especially the difficult ones), I generally listen to [I]cool jazz[/I] or [I]new age,[/I] because those genres sort of wash over me without breaking my concentration.

I’m a sucker for [I]melancholy, cry-in-your-beer, somebody-done-somebody-wrong[/I] songs. So, I avoid that sort of music when I’m trading.

Some times I like to listen light music with trading , other wise I prefer to trade in calm conditions where I can concentrate well . It helps me to understand market, analyze it and find trend. In noise and disturbance trader feel difficulty to focus on market situations.

Noisli - Improve Focus and Boost Productivity with Background Noise - not music, but the lack of vocals helps me focus while still providing some ambiance

The sound a neighbor singing? :slight_smile:

Silence to concentrate. Out some relaxing ambient music. Nothing too harsh or aggressive - it distracts…

quality vocal trance from Armin Van Buuren, Above & Beyond Group Therapy :35:

I might be going out on a limb here, but I prefer to have more aggressive music blasting while I’m trading. And I mean BLASTING. Some electro, house or hip-hop to keep my fire burning :slight_smile: Otherwise, I tend to get sleepy.

Great great

Great thread…

I do not have ‘trading music’…

I listen to these trading podcasts/webinars:

DailyFX videos (mainly.John Kicklighter);
Power Trading Radio podcasts;
Videos by the Mises Institute;
Podcasts by Better System Trader;
Podcasts by Chat With Traders.