Do you trade gold?

Most forex brokers offer at least two commodities to their traders, gold and silver. Gold has been the commodity which enjoyed the biggest increase in popularity and more and more forex traders try to diversify their MT4 portfolios by adding gold and silver into their mix.

I have been trading gold for several years as part of my commodity portfolio and since more and more new traders jump on the gold band wagon I wanted to share one piece of advice: A forex strategy may not be suitable for commodity trading. There is a lot of new traders who think that all they need to do is apply their forex strategy to commodities, but in many cases at least some adjustments need to be made.

Does anyone in this forum trade gold?

adjustments like?

roger, i do trade gold, long position from 1240, waiting to hit 1300.

I let you figure that one out.

I don’t trade gold but I’m really considering it. What are some of the biggest adjustments that you’ve had to make? :slight_smile:

1 Like

gold is a bit high, still its been very volatile, will stay away from it for a while…

I trade gold and silver. TBH, my strategies are quite simple and my backtests show they perform better on the precious metals than currency pairs.

Gold Is one of my main pairs I trade , as well as usdcad I love trading gold although it can be very dangerous

Best tools I find to trade gold is RSI & Bollinger

What are your parameters? Do you think trading gold is riskier than forex? Thanks!

I trade gold, absolutely - a chart’s a chart!

My parameters with RSI is 80% over bough 20% undersold and gold can be very dangerous sometimes I have gotten my account wiped plenty of times when I first traded this pair but after a lot of trial and error I have come up with a simple solution that’s really good for me especially with my set up . But most currency pairs like eur usd only move at most 200+ pips on a very active day gold moves double that this morning gold has moved over 400+ pips and it is not even 12noon yet where I’m from , gold isint like a currency’s it moves a lot different , if your interested in trading gold I’m making a thread called journey from $25-10,000 this Sunday and will be focusing on gold a lot as well as a few other pairs your more then welcome to Cheak it out and see how my strategy is will keep you posted this weekend if your intersted :slight_smile:

Interesting post I have never traded gold. I trade only 1 pair EUR/USD. Recently took a few trades on AUD/USD but I like to marry pair don’t do one night stands. :slight_smile:

I too trade Gold. High volatile commodity. I had some huge winners over losses. :slight_smile:

You will learn the most by trying and failing until you figure it out. Plus my strategy may not be suitable for you so I hope it won’t take you too much messing with minor things.

yep, reply the adjustments asap s’il vous plait

looking forward to it, keep us posted by at least posting the link to this thread

cheers

Yes i trade gold. I m from india. Just tell me what adjustment i have to make since i m learning from forex platform.

Hi i m from india and a gold trader interested to join ur thread. Just remind me abt it when u start thread. Thanks

http://forums.babypips.com/forextown/62553-journey-25-10-000-a.html#post600370
Here is the link to the thread i apologize for late reply everbodys is welcome to share thoughst and ideass,:smiley: will be posting the trades that i made at the end of the trading day

http://forums.babypips.com/forextown/62553-journey-25-10-000-a.html#post600370