Why MT4 EA stoped processing ticks?

Hi everyone,

I’ve used my custom programmed EA in MT4 on Alpari UK demo account for quite a while. Suddenly I figured out that it does not process ticks. I checked the triggers “OnInit” and “OnDeinit” do get fired, I checked by putting a simple print inside of them. However the “OnTick” does not fire any more. I tried to write a brand new simple EA and the simptoms are the same, the “OnTick” just doesn’t fire. I know that there were some changes on MT4 platform recently, the triggers were renamed (previously:init, deinit, start) beside some other MQ4 lanuguage commands were changed as well. But unfortunatelly I just can’t make the EAs work again. The Alpari support couldn’t help me much till now. The current MT4 build I have is 610 and run under wine in Ubuntu 12.04. Has anyone experienced similar problems? Any help much appreciated, thanks.

hi,

my alpari is on build 600 , and the OnTick fires.

i guess you did all these things :

• make sure you have the smiley for your EA on the upper right corner of your chart
  • recompile your EA
  • try to let it run on with another broker, to check if the bug broker dependent
  • try on a windows machine

further on you can post your code here or send me the mql file.

sorry my fault :frowning: I didn’t notice the message in terminal saying “Experts are disabled because the account has been changed” and I did really open a new demo account a few days ago. So I just enabled the EAs again and EA does process tick normaly. It made me think: how can I trade forex watching for the right candles, if I can’t see the big red button saying “expert disabled”, damn. Thanks anyway guys.

you are welcome; i did the same and not only once :wink:

This is the reason why traders have to share their problems with other traders in forums like this. Well, I have no problem with EA on my broker’s platform, I allow it to run for me and even help me to write my own strategies using the built-in MetaQuotes Language, anytime I want.