Anyone thinks the same with me? EURGBP will go down to finish the cycle?

hi there, 0.8207 is the current level, shorted awhile ago, expecting it to go down at least 20 pips.

any one thinks the same? or any senior could gimme advice on my finding?

so much appreciated!! :slight_smile:

happy trading ppl

Hello wencqq!

I could type a lot on this; instead, I will link you to my former long-term analysis video on this pair:

http://forums.babypips.com/forextown/59318-forex-strategy-video-eur-gbp.html

(bearing in mind that nobody can predict the future)…

Happy Trading.

PS - I am also shorting this pair, as an ongoing investment.

Hi Senior!!

thats so thankful u replied, i will follow ur thread, it looks so professional, how can i get to there? (i mean being so expert)

Im still at a stage with so so so simple analysis, thus the risk is surely high, so i adjust my position size to stop from burning my ac, and i dont like Stop Loss so i need a small small position.

how long are you holding your current short-position already?

Many thanks!!! ^.^

Locked in this trade. If this bearish trend continues we can see 0.8150 mark for sure

I’m short this pair as well. Does anyone have any thoughts on where the next support might be? I’m looking at an .8100 target.

Dear wencqq (PS what does this name mean?)

I am letting this trade run, with huge stop and limit size, respectively -236 (Trailing) and 478 pips,

and, like you, I am using a very small size investment (1,000 Pounds, so a leverage of about 2:1 to my account size).

I think that every analysis is appropriate to the level that a trader has achieved, therefore, my analysis may look

so ‘complex’, but that is because I have been studying Forex for nearly 1.5 years, so it may naturally be a reflection

of that; however, I do not think that the more you study Forex the more complex your analysis will be: in fact, I see

that the more I will study Forex, the more I will try to simplify things and make my trading strategy less cluttered;

there is a Forex saying, which you may know, saying “Paralysis by analysis”… In the end, a sophisticated analysis

does not have to look complicated, and if you can explain it simply to someone who is just starting in Forex, then

it proves that the details may be complex but the general principles of it are simple to understanding for anyone,

no matter whether they are advanced or beginners.

Go with your analytical skills and do not think for a moment that I have that much more insight on the market

based on how my analysis looks (although I am pleased that you think my video useful): what matters is that

the analysis is supportive of successful trading, or else it could become just an empty exercise in chart-measuring!

I hope that this pair (EUR/GBP) will serve you well, and that you will use its steady decline as a way to test your

strategies in the safest way.

Happy trading.

Interesting video PipMeHappy! I focus on short time frames so zooming right out to the yearly just blew my mind :))

Thanks for that. Will check out your other vids and good luck. I also trade euro/gbp, and each gbp pip is of course worth just that bit more. Let’s see how the downtrend plays out!

Hey there,

We really like to trade the EURGBP- went long today for a nice quick 1R.
Check out our detailed analysis here of the trade: $EURGBP Long Initiated - Bear Trap Set 2/27/2014 - FOREX-unlimited

Thanks for sharing!

Chart is M30

hi thanks!! hope nothing bad that against me happens over the weekend. im surely carrying it to next week … Pray! LOL

yea great long position yesterday (in my time), my rule is only trading towards same direction per pair. I hope the ‘long’ stopping soon enough hahahaha. thanks for sharing there !

Hi Oh its my name, call me wen (Wendy)

ok, enlightened. hahaha i will look into the long run, with the down trend.

do you use other channel if you do sharing your trading journal or finding? like instagram or youtube ? ; ))

Hello Wen(dy),

I agree with you in not taking a LONG trade on this pair, as to me it seems just a pullback rather than a true reversal, so I will

just sit on my SHORT the whole time… I hope that you will make some good returns on this trade…

Where are you trading from? I am based in the United Kingdom… I should be in bed but I woke up early and it is still dark

outside… so I decided to make myself a cup of tea and check what was happening on BabyPips!

In answer to your question, I have the YouTube channel that you saw, with my ‘FreeFX’ videos, which is a new venture;

also, I am a member of MeetPips (and if you look near my profile photo you will see a little icon, which will link you to

it), where I have posted a few articles in 2013 but nothing of late as I have been spending more time on BabyPips;

you can also see my trades on MyFXbook, although they tend to update every few days so you will not find the most

recent trades on them… Error | Myfxbook

I leave you with an article I wrote in January 2014 as a text form of my video (but quite a bit shorter) on EUR/GBP:

http://forums.babypips.com/forextown/60757-eur-gbp-forecast-2014-medium-long-term-technical-analysis.html

Have a good day!

Happy trading.

Hi thank you, you are very helpful, im so glad i made this post.

I am in Singaproe, wide awake at work passed mid day haha. I will follow the channel you’d given!

Happy trading to you, and happy learning to me!!!

Oh and it’s back on track, the reversal is kinda done i guess = ))

Hello, Wen from Singapore!

I hope that your trading is going as planned, today…

Have you noticed how no change in unemployment and a 0.2% increase in the EuroZone CPI a few minutes ago has made the Euro jump over over fifty pips higher against the Pound, and over one hundred pips higher against the Yen?

You just never know how the market is going to react! I think that this spike could quickly dissipate and price move back down considerably once the market readjusts to the over-reaction… However, the slight increase in the Consumer Price Index could be key as a window into the ECB rate decision (next week)…

Have you been stopped out? I have not (yet)…

[QUOTE=“PipMeHappy;608326”] Hello, Wen from Singapore! I hope that your trading is going as planned, today… Have you noticed how no change in unemployment and a 0.2% increase in the EuroZone CPI a few minutes ago has made the Euro jump over over fifty pips higher against the Pound, and over one hundred pips higher against the Yen? You just never know how the market is going to react! I think that this spike could quickly dissipate and price move back down considerably once the market readjusts to the over-reaction… However, the slight increase in the Consumer Price Index could be key as a window into the ECB rate decision (next week)… Have you been stopped out? I have not (yet)…[/QUOTE]

Hey there,

When you say you never know how the market is going to react, I’d say you’re only partially accurate.
We can’t predict movement, but, we can anticipate action based on where institutions are more likely to be getting in, and then trading with them.
The news event doesn’t move the market, per se (obviously). The news event coupled with some other key aspects of price is what really signals what is going to happen.

I had been posting about this pair as potentially setting up a bear trap since 2/25 - days before the euro zone figures came out.
How was I able to “anticipate” the rally to the upside? By understanding where institutions would be interested in buying and then subsequently selling.

Here’s the link http://www.forex-unlimited.com/1/post/2014/02/eurgbp-long-initiated-bear-trap-set-2272014.html

Have you ever seen a major news release come out which was positive for the base pair, only to see it move in a small bullish direction, then reverse 2x as hard?
This is quite common actually, and most amateurs unfortunately get stuck chasing. Here’s a recent example:

http://www.forex-unlimited.com/1/post/2014/02/attacking-the-usdcad-again-15r-trade-fade-the-news.html

While paying attention to event risk is essential, I’d say understanding the market structure and context if where prices are trading at before the news release is more important.

Thanks for taking the time yo consider my thoughts.
Have a nice weekend,
FX-U

Where’s your stop on this trade if you don’t mind me asking?

Hi Forexunlimited,

you are bang on the money about a whole lot of stuff, unfortunately I have to go and teach my afternoon classes now, so I will read it later.

I do not trade with a bias, as I explained, so I was merely stating what I had seen happen to the Euro. My stop is at 140.93, but that is not based on S/R but on the ATR figures on my strategy. I will not move my stops, they are set, and that is that, if I get stopped out, so be it. I was up 30pips on this pair, now I am down 99 pips. Such is life.

No, I never double guess the market, I do not have enough time in the day to keep on top of fundamentals in the proper sense… I read about them, etc. I only watch the news events now and then, out of curiosity…

I will take a look at your posts in detail later on!

Thanks for all your thoughts!!!

[QUOTE=“PipMeHappy;608394”]Hi Forexunlimited, you are bang on the money about a whole lot of stuff, unfortunately I have to go and teach my afternoon classes now, so I will read it later. I do not trade with a bias, as I explained, so I was merely stating what I had seen happen to the Euro. My stop is at 140.93, but that is not based on S/R but on the ATR figures on my strategy. I will not move my stops, they are set, and that is that, if I get stopped out, so be it. I was up 30pips on this pair, now I am down 99 pips. Such is life. No, I never double guess the market, I do not have enough time in the day to keep on top of fundamentals in the proper sense… I read about them, etc. I only watch the news events now and then, out of curiosity… I will take a look at your posts in detail later on! Thanks for all your thoughts!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks! :slight_smile:
Good luck teaching.

Do you ever consider moving your stop to protect at break even once your position moves a certain amount of pips?

You should consider forwarding your CV across to the folks at ForexLive. You could probably write your own check.

You’d think with all the information they’re allegedly privy to, (including apparent first hand insights into institutional order flow & the corresponding footprints) they’d have more sense & experience than to front run market sensitive numbers with gut instinct bets.
EUR/USD technical analysis 28 February 2014 | ForexLive

Dear Forexunlimited,

a sneaky reply… I am running this system in parallel with the same version on demo, except in the demo version I have dynamic trailing stops whereas in the live version I have fixed stops.

I would move stops to breakeven but I am testing this system and must stick to the pre-set rules until the end of testing in three weeks time.

Cheers

PS - I got stopped out. C’est la vie!