US Non-Farm Payroll

Forex traders will get another non-farm payroll report on next Friday and it is very likely that it will disappoint once again. It should not take long until you will read about the weather being blamed again. This would make the third consecutive report which came in much weaker than expected. Do not be surprised if you get a headline figure below 100K.

in my opinion the NFP will be much higher than expectations. if you see the Eur/USD , it is already too high, and especially the forecast given on the NFP anouncment is very low. the yearly average of the NFP is app. 210 new jobs. the weather wasnt like last 2 months. its was much better so my expectations are around 175-190k new jobs.

Yeah, you could be right, although I suspect nothing to do with Fibre chart, I’m still a bull on cable, expecting upside there over the next couple of weeks - it will def be bad news for USD if the numbers are weak, back will come the talk of taper pause etc etc.

the only thing that makes me consider a negative result is the SNP price , DOW, and GOLD. why the Non-farm is the most important announcement of the month? why not the unemployment? why not the trade balance? this is something they use in order to keep the currencies where they need it to be. Some times they give forecasts ridiculous, like they don’t know what is going on in US.

There are two ways that I use to get a bias on NFP.
The book way is to have a look at the S&P, strong index = better NFP.

I have more confidence in the other method as explained the Banker on this site :slight_smile: