Discipline for successful trading

Disciplined trader is successful trader. Maintaining control and discipline in trading is the key to successful trading. Successful traders have a trading strategy and trading plan which they follow regardless of developments. How long did it take you to become a disciplined trader or are you still in the process?

One should set limits on losses, profits are whatever they are, and income varies quite considerably.

I agree with ‘epic research’: limiting losses, or rather, RISK MANAGEMENT, should be a priority, not an afterthought…

As for discipline, I agree, but there is nothing wrong with being opportunistic when markets give you a chance that you

can successfully plan to exploit, even if you had not conceived to do so.

Acquiring trading discipline has always been a process for me especially since I practice discretionary trading. There’s always some bad trading habit to lose or good ones to cultivate. It’s like trying to be a vegetarian and getting introduced to a new type of meat every week.

I like your analogy… OR… trying to give up on caffeine and meeting friends in a cafe’ every day haha

Risk management via understanding how to properly leverage yourself is what completely turned my trading around.