Do all clients at any broker get the same spreads?

Every broker claims that they have tightest spreads, somewhere I read something like “as low as”, then 0 spread…
Can someone here explain to me do I get the same spread at demo vs live acc…and is there any difference in spreads between clients (for new client, for different types of acc)
Thanks, and HAPPY EASTER!!!:39:

all client of broker will have spead the same . it depend on the type of account . but with different broker . they will have different spread

nope,
Depends on the account type. Remember spreads are set by the brokers and not the market. *you can get zero spreads, however you will still pay the brokers fee in some other way( commissions and such).

Hello and welcome.

As GrixFX says, you may get lower spreads, e.g. by choosing a Dealing Desk option, where the spreads will be lower than with a No Dealing Desk option (Jason Rogers posted useful information about this option for FXCM accounts somewhere in BabyPips, if I am not mistaken) - however, this comes at a cost, as the broker can deal against you, to some degree…

Feel safe in the knowledge that the spreads advertised by, say, FXCM and Oanda, will be the same for you or anyone else - there are no ‘extra privileges’ relating to, say, account size, when it comes to spreads…

I would add that there have been countless posts on Babypips popping up, almost like forest mushrooms, going on and on about excessive broker spreads: while you should do your research for competitive spreads across the brokerage market, there should be a clear understanding that these will be advertised as ‘typical’ figures, but within that they WILL fluctuate with times of day, liquidity, news releases, and so on… The best way would be to open a demo account with a couple of brokers and note down the spreads on, say, the Majors, at the London open (8am GMT) and NY open (1pm GMT), for example, over a week, just to see what numbers you would find…

Cheer

If all client are of same package like all from commodity than yes they would get the same spread but if clients differs from sector than they don’t get the same spread, they get spread according to their need.

Hi PipMeHappy,

FXCM offers a discount on our NDD spreads to Active Trader accounts. These accounts trade on the same NDD price feed as retail NDD accounts, but without the retail pip markup. Accounts with a balance of 25K or monthly trading volume of 10M can qualify for Active Trader pricing.

Thank you, Jason Rogers - yet another thing I did not know about FXCM!

Regards

Thanks you good people :13: But it seems that again and again, I will have to do my researches by my own :34:
For now I understand that NDD (I hope it means- no dealing desk) is better to trade with?

I think every broker has different spread and not the same.

I am sure there are especial treatment for those clients with huge accounts. Since they trade large volumes very day, it is most likely that they get preferential spreads.