Bband stop

Has any body heard of or use bband stop indicator ?

Sure, :wink:

BBands Stop v1 - MQL4 Code Base

#1 Slow Stochastic + BBands Stop MT4 custom indicator | Forex Strategies & Systems Revealed

[QUOTE=“d-pip;621631”] Sure, :wink: BBands Stop v1 - MQL4 Code Base #1 Slow Stochastic + BBands Stop MT4 custom indicator | Forex Strategies & Systems Revealed[/QUOTE]

How are you doing d-pip I read quite a few of your post on a few other threads , do you use this indicator

I’ve played around with the bband stop indicator but don’t use it. Instead I prefer using the regular Bollinger Band and/or the STARC Bands, AKA Stoller Average Range Channels.

Stoller Average Range Channels - MQL4 Code Base

Depending on your settings, how you use the bands and how much you want to risk, the band opposite the trend can be used as a pretty good fire exit when the price goes the wrong way.

One of the set-ups I’ve been using recently with 4-hour candles is the STARC band set at 5-ma periods - 20 period ATR – Multiplier 1.0, seems to be working pretty well.

In the past I’ve also used Bolls bands, for example, on a 15-minute chart with the bands set at 20:1, again the band opposite the trend might be a good level to think about getting out of the trade.

Of course you also want to track the recent swing high/low levels when setting stops and trailing stops.

Here are two links worth checking out.

Capture Profits Using Bands And Channels

STARC Bands Definition | Investopedia

[QUOTE=“d-pip;621667”]I’ve played around with the bband stop indicator but don’t use it. Instead I prefer using the regular Bollinger Band and/or the STARC Bands, AKA Stoller Average Range Channels. Depending on your settings, how you use the bands and how much you want to risk, the band opposite the trend can be used as a pretty good fire exit when the price goes the wrong way. One of the set-ups I’ve been using recently with 4-hour candles is the STARC band set at 5-ma periods - 20 period ATR – Multiplier 1.0, seems to be working pretty well. In the past I’ve also used Bolls bands, for example, on a 15-minute chart with the bands set at 20:1, again the band opposite the trend might be a good level to think about getting out of the trade. Of course you also want to track the recent swing high/low levels when setting stops and trailing stops. Here are two links worth checking out. Capture Profits Using Bands And Channels STARC Bands Definition | Investopedia[/QUOTE]

Thanks , and did you find the bband stop to be effective. When you used it , I made a mistake a tested it on live insted of demo , and it really confused me at first but I find it very difficult to use & to find entry signals

Normally I have a bollinger band setup as well as HA & RSI and I find the works the best for me I’m going g to Cheak the link out on Stract bands

effective…. Arrrrr maybe???

You know bolls bands and/or bband stops are tricky to use. IMO a lot of the info out there on how to use them is misleading. Even the examples in the babypip school are :56:

In spite of what lots of people say, there’s nothing magic about the upper & lower bands. They just signal a relative high or low price level, not necessarily a buy or sell zone.

I think if you really want to know how to trade with them, you should read John Bollinger’s book or at least catch some of his free webinars.

[QUOTE=“d-pip;621686”] effective…. Arrrrr maybe??? You know bolls bands and/or bband stops are tricky to use. IMO a lot of the info out there on how to use them is misleading. Even the examples in the babypip school are :56: In spite of what lots of people say, there’s nothing magic about the upper & lower bands. They just signal a relative high or low price level, not necessarily a buy or sell zone. I think if you really want to know how to trade with them, you should read John Bollinger’s book or at least catch some of his free webinars.[/QUOTE]

Bollinger bands are abit tricky but once you get the hang of it can be very effective / powerful tool ,