Thinking of becoming a professional trader? Anton Kreil talk at UCL, Nov. 2013

Hello traders!

Some of you may already know all this, but you may want to watch Anton Kreil’s

talks at University College London last November (2013), where he talks to students

about what it is that they would be doing in investment banks and hedge funds as

professional traders, should they choose to do so…

There are five videos, so give yourself about an hour to watch the entire presentation.

Cheers.

1 Like

I was amused while i watched this because of it’s honesty and refreshing reassurance of the goals I’ve been working towards for 5 years now. The insight of the infrastructure of whats going on behind that corporate veil and how they dampen taxes was worth watching. Now the shameless plug at the end of the presentation was just bodacious!

Great link. I haven’t seen this particular video before. :slight_smile:

Marking thread coming back to watch when i get home saturday

I am definitely going to watch when I get back. Ever seen Wall Street Warriors? Watch that and learn about a Russian trader who came to NYC to “work on wall street.” He made it, but you know what? He did not stay… On wall street that is. He trades from HOME, and makes millions. F*** Wall Street. Work for yourself, be your own boss! That is what a true professional trader should strive for, not to work an underpaid 9-whenever desk job for some stupid firm regardless of “bonus size.” Think about it, how the f*** does that firm make it’s money? YOU. Want to trade millions, billions? Trade successfully first, then create your own firm. That’s how the wealthy do it. They RUN the companies, they are the servants.

[QUOTE=“Leg0nd;621840”]I am definitely going to watch when I get back. Ever seen Wall Street Warriors? Watch that and learn about a Russian trader who came to NYC to “work on wall street.” He made it, but you know what? He did not stay… On wall street that is. He trades from HOME, and makes millions. F*** Wall Street. Work for yourself, be your own boss! That is what a true professional trader should strive for, not to work an underpaid 9-whenever desk job for some stupid firm regardless of “bonus size.” Think about it, how the f*** does that firm make it’s money? YOU. Want to trade millions, billions? Trade successfully first, then create your own firm. That’s how the wealthy do it. They RUN the companies, they are the servants.[/QUOTE]

Wall Street warriors is dope you should Cheak out season 2 episode 9 some girl gets a job at a fxcm office as a junior currency analyst and they get into a little bit of detail about the fx market it’s very interesting , & I believe you are referring to Alex gerchik or something like that he’s a good a trader and he runs like 2 hedge funds I don’t think he works from home

[QUOTE=“Libertysilver;621845”] Wall Street warriors is dope you should Cheak out season 2 episode 9 some girl gets a job at a fxcm office as a junior currency analyst and they get into a little bit of detail about the fx market it’s very interesting , & I believe you are referring to Alex gerchik or something like that he’s a good a trader and he runs like 2 hedge funds I don’t think he works from home[/QUOTE]

Ah. Different guy. But yes I have seen all the episodes. The girl that works for FXCM is gorgeous xD. But it am anti FXCM. Too many lawsuits. Im anti Oanda as well, but I don’t have another choice at the moment.

[QUOTE=“Leg0nd;621853”] Ah. Different guy. But yes I have seen all the episodes. The girl that works for FXCM is gorgeous xD. But it am anti FXCM. Too many lawsuits. Im anti Oanda as well, but I don’t have another choice at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Cheak out XM brokers trust me the way you trade you will make a lot more money ,

If your in the USA I don’t think they can offer u any accounts look around i think you can Cheak out HY markets , I’m dont really like fxcm that much my self I have used them for over a year and there platforms are abit glitchy

[QUOTE=“Libertysilver;621859”] Cheak out XM brokers trust me the way you trade you will make a lot more money , If your in the USA I don’t think they can offer u any accounts look around i think you can Cheak out HY markets , I’m dont really like fxcm that much my self I have used them for over a year and there platforms are abit glitchy[/QUOTE]

…ps That girl from fxcm is french , you how the french girls are ;p lol

Yea they always “surrender” :54:

[QUOTE=“Jcandle;621863”] Yea they always “surrender” :54:[/QUOTE]
LOL. She still pretty regardless of race. But forex doesn’t pay beautiful, looks have no “edge” in the currency market.

Hi Libertysilver,

If you think there’s problem on one of our platforms, I would appreciate your help in sharing some more details about this. Is it related to your earlier comments regarding margin and leverage?

This thread has been hijacked… I hoped people would comment, perhaps, on the interesting figures that Anton Kreil goes through in parts 3 and 4 of the videos, namely what income a trader would have if trading his/her own account as opposed to working in an investment bank, over ten years…

Let us get back to topic!

PS - No offence, Jason!

Great video, really enjoyed.

What are the figures that he suggests for independent trader vs investment banker? I watched all up to that part… Great videos :slight_smile:

I must admit this is an “unseen like” but ONLY because at the moment I really don’t have the time to watch it. PLUS I know it is something good… AND I can later go to the section likes given and I find it easy…smart girl! :5: hahah
Thanks for sharing your knowledge guys!

Part 4, here: YouTube

You are welcome, Nence! Make sure that you watch part 4: YouTube.

Cheers and keep being the smart girl that you are…

Great link.

Anton Kreil has been creating this awareness since he retired from investment bank GSachs after 8 years. He like all the other primary market operators agreed that it was best to go solo and you do better that way. I think everyone can agree that there is no glory in working for others full stop.

Hedge fund managers do make a lot of money something I have said but they do put up their own capital. This is really the after effect of HFT and this will soon be front line news. Kudos to him because he moaned about this years ago before the financial melt down. The funny thing is he is from Goldman Sachs the real fire starter that is now being burned the most.

Hoorah! That bubble will soon burst…

[B]Pipme Happy can you tell me why Anton kreil seminars is worth to study …!![/B]