Does my trading results depends on the web platform I use?

Recently I read an article (lost link) that web platform you use greatly affects your trading results (I am talking about binaries). In particular there was mentioned ProTrader platform, which due to optimization greatly surpass other platform in terms of execution and especially quotes accuracy. I found only optiontrade broker that runs on this platform. But is it true that due to platform you can increase your trading results?

Any clarification is much appreciated.

Obviously that’s a cleverly packaged fallacy,
Trading results are dependent on the trader and his/her system.

Hello ‘profitbaby’, and welcome.

As GRIF FX rightly said, it is a fallacy to believe that the tools can make you a good trader by default!

It would be like saying that if you had the vocal cords of Maria Callas or Luciano Pavarotti you could be

a successul, million-dollar opera singer! Or that if you rode an R1 Yamaha you could be as good as Valentino

Rossi on the track.

WRONG.

Yes, you cannot fully blossom with a faulty trading platform or without knowing it inside out, but you will need

DISCIPLINE, PATIENCE, and HARD WORK.

Without these, no trading platform, regardless of its promises, can turn you into a successful trader by virtue

of its technical specifications and potential…

Besides, a trading platform is only as good as it suits YOUR trading style, regardless of how many people or

magazines (or online ads) recommend it!!!

There you go…

It does not matters what platform you are using . Main thing is that you should had knowledge how this platform should be used rest of the results of trading depend on your skill and management ability.

I do not thing trading results are due to platform , You should choose a plat form to which you are familiar, easy to use all tools you need for trading. Not blame any other thing all will be due to the trading decisions you make while trading.

Trading platforms not really affects the trading results, it’s a misconception. Before selecting a platform one need to have proper understanding of the chosen platform, familiar with the set of tools. It all depends upon the trading decisions you take and the broker with whom you are trading.
Broker must be the one who can provide you with tight spreads, fastest execution and charge very less commissions. As far as I can tell trading depends on your interests, skill, hard work and specially the risk management capabilities.

It may depend on your broker (if broker is a marketmaker you hardly succeed) and on your trading strategy, money management, risk management. But it never depends on trading platform.
Just use the most comfortable one. As for me, I prefer MT4, it may be concervative in some way, but I like it.

Hello there from Kuala Lumpur!
I use MT4 too but people say there is MT5 version that is better. Can you tell me why 4-th version is better (if you have tried MT5). I use MT4 too now and it’s pretty comfortable for me.
I’m glad I can watch the market on my mobile. Sooo good when I’m not at home :slight_smile:

Trading results are not based on usage of trading platform . If you feel easy with web platform or MT4 or MT5 or mobile trading it is your choice . Main thing is skilled trading where you manage your amount and trading effectively.

I can add that mobile platforms are not so comfortable, that’s why you’ll have to spend more time working with them. Almost forgot about them :smiley:

I believe that the platform itself is not that important. You should choose one which is easy to operate with and it has enough functionalities in terms of Indicators and expert advisors. The trading results deepens mostly on your skills and strategies. Moreover, the broker that you are using is also playing highly important role. If your broker is trading against you or if he is a market maker your result won’t be satisfying in the long turn for sure. I wish you good luck and lots of success with the most convenient trading platform for you :slight_smile:

Web platforms you use somehow affects the trading results as one should choose the trading platform carefully after understanding all the features in it. Use a platform where you can build your own trading strategies, get alert signals, interactive charting tools, and report generation directly from the trading platform. Those who are new to trading, look for that trading platform which is easy to use, can trade various instruments under one roof. Apart from these features, one should go for that broker who provides such trading platform at the most competitive cost and offer tightest spreads.

I do not think that trading results depend on the platform. They are affected by the strategy, the market conditions, the chosen instruments, etc. Your broker is responsible for providing a fast execution so you should really pick a platform that corresponds to your needs. Make sure that the broker does not trade against you either. So I guess this article you read is not true. Good luck :slight_smile:

I select my broker on the basis of security of my funds. Will the money be there in a month? Will they allow me to take out some of my money at the end of the quarter in a fast efficient manner with minimum of total transfer fees? Will they execute my order in a timely fashion precisely to the parameters of my request?

I do not give a damn about their platform, charting package and pretty colours. They are simply a mechanism for order entry done in a secure fashion.

The forex industry is overwhelmed with fraudsters pretending to be brokers. The first order of business must be the security of your funds, or regardless of your 2,000% a day strategy you will never collect a penny of it.

I pay a rather sizable sum annually for a service that provides me with data, news, and charting, they do not provide any brokerage services at all, just data.

All the platforms have more or less the same features, reliability of the platform can be judged only by using it. Most importantly, whatever platform a person use he/she must have complete knowledge of how this platform should be used. And further results of your trading depend upon your trading style and strategy. Your trading skills, your decision making ability and risk bearing capacity affect your trades.

It is true plat forms just had trading tools , trading results depends how you use them in trading .,It is your ability to earn profit , how ever if you are easy to use MT4 or MT5 you may face some problem to be familiar with mobile platform. So main issue is not platform it is your trading sill which costs good or bad for you.

Trading mainly requires patience teamed up with hard work to show best results. But our trading results somewhat also depends on the web platform we use to place our trades. We need to have a good grip on the platform and it should be reliable enough to help us prosper in our trading.

Big one indeed, where does that happen, not here obviously. Try this just trade blindly and sit around waiting for the platform to perform the woners and see what lost we accumulate. Please we should trade wisely.

Unless the software itself is unstable and has connection issues or you can’t execute orders quickly it all depends on you as a trader.

I do not think platform play role in trading results. If you are familiar to a platform you can feel difficulty to another. I try to trade on my favorite trading platform where I feel easy to trade. As I mostly trade on Mt4 ,I just monitor on mobile if I need not do trading on mobile.