How do you control your emotions during trade?

I have question in mind from few days and I would like to ask to all you how do you control your emotions during the trade?

Experience. Once you’ve traded for quite some time, you will get accustomed to the thrill of trading. I can also only recommend risk management. You won’t be as nervous when you’re trading a small percentage of your balance compared to when you’re about to lose all your life savings. Plus, I personally recommend trading pairs with positive rollover. This way, time will be on your side and you won’t be as likely to exit a trade too soon out of emotions.

Also, some emotions can be nice too. I’m practically dancing all week long when my long term trades pay off :slight_smile:

Neutrality above all else.
Approach the markets with neutrality.
Attain neutrality through exercise, meditation, hobbies, etc…

As far as GhostDog’s comment about only trading pairs with positive rollover- I disagree with this for many reasons, here’s a few:

1. Being a newer trader, you’re not going to be trading with sufficient capital to reap rewards from the miniscule rollover credits.
  2. By only focusing on “positive roll”, your marrying one side of the market, which is the most dangerous thing you can do as a trader. You need to be trading off both sides of the market - buying/selling.

This is a great question though (regarding emotions) and speaks to your ability to ask the right question- rather than focusing on- “How do I trade this pin bar?” “How do I find support/resistance?”.

By coming to the market with clear objectives based on well defined entry, trade management & exit criteria.

Anxiety or fear is usually the result of an ill-prepared or unconfident game plan.
Before you click the buy or sell button you should already know precisely what you’re going to do every step of the way as soon as prices begin moving.

If you have set & forget parameters in place at entry then there’s nothing to worry about until one or the other nets off.
If you’re intending to actively manage the trade once price moves into profit by x amount, you can either set an automatic trailing stop via your platform or control the operation manually.

But in all situations your decisions should already be in place prior to entry.

Follow all the advice you got and add one more thing. . . think long term. Even if you’re trading on the 5 minute time frame. Think lot term. The more detailed and defined your trading method is, the easier to apply patience and discipline.

I hide my unrealize profits and balance by expanding on my chart screen, thus i only look at the chart and that way i dont need to focus on “how much i am losing or making” rather more on which way the market is moving and thus make better sound decisions…

Before i trade in forex, i make sure that i’m in convenience trading conditions. Because if we do not feel comfort, we will not be able to control our emotion. I also try to maximize what have been provided for trading in forex.