A brief share, questions around volume, any contribution welcome

Nice work!

Stimulation when I am not being shot at by the dim crowd that babypips has attracted, with some exceptions of course.

Hello traders!

I am at Frankfurt airport and I grabbed a free copy of the Wall Street Journal; in it, as well as an article titled “Bulls Slow Stampede Into Dollar”, I spotted an article about a slowing property market in the English capital, titled " London Real Estate Cools Down" - see attached photo for the beginning…

Why am I posting this here? For my colleague Emerald, of course :wink:

Mind you, the article concludes with the following lines:

“Despite the market’s downward shift in momentum, London house prices remain among the highest in the world. The average London home cost £596,692 in October, up 7% from September”, according to property-search website Rightmove PLC."

Yes, pip thank you for pointing that out. The London property has always been booming despite yields in central london only 3% and less. You can’t argue with 15% capital growth. That said there is reall only taste for developments but with Richard Ellis and the likes in the market you have you work cut out.

To be honest this will soon be a dream with Birmingham, Liverpool and Manchester expanding and HS2 on the way, that is where the action is. London is a waste of time for value versus investment, that said if you have 200k you can head to auction for additional 20k you could flip and make a fortune. In my humble opinion I am looking North for any new investments in property.

Also teh housing market will naturally slow in winter the real test will be next year when the summer comes. There are so many cash buyers that by tightening liquidity nothing will be achieved. Ironically all that money comes from the city. Sold a boat in Docklands to an IT company looking to use it as an office to program algos for banks, they paid cash didn’t even care about mooring costs…

Back to all things trading.

What a surprise yesterday and no I made no money from the chaos that ensued from the final bond buying exercise or should we just say pumping of money… Till another season.

Pairs in focus GBP/USD Got a buy limit order at 1.5944, I came really close to being filled, still think we will see a 5 wave completion at that all important 1.27 Fibonacci. We also have a pattern forming which could complete at that 1.27/.786 confluence area or push out to 1.5907. So holding those orders on this one. Price is ticking higher so we could have fallen short of the entry but that’s trading for you.

FxPro GBPUSD h1 l43wn | cTrader

Next pair is EUR/USD, again we have what looks like 5 wave completion setting up which is also at that 1.618 Fibonacci level of that potential 4th wave. So we are watching that 1.2266 level very closely with a limit order in place. I am more convinced this pair will continue lower any reversal now will move the pair sharply higher (not likely for now).

FxPro EURUSD D1 143wn | cTrader

Happy trading and a good weekend.

Emerald , thank you… just to summarise: you have a short bias on Pound and Euro… no?

:slight_smile:

Sorry, I am at work and wanted a quick catch up… help me :slight_smile:

Trading has been on and off this week, with me being back to work and trying to scrabble around… Weird things,

like this morning’s EUR/NZD short trades that I have caught, have been unplanned but I am trying my utmost

to be there when it happens…

I made 254 pips on my GBP/JPY through the night… only…it was on my demo account (yes, I still use it to test ideas),

so it counts for nothing :slight_smile:

Happy trading

Yes Pip. I was looking for Euro and Sterling to continue short against the Dollar. Then bounce back. I am looking for the long opportunity but there is a temporary short bias. Sterling however is showing a potential pattern developing and could be a major long move if it comes off to 1.6225 where I will be looking to short it, so that pair could ended being long pending today’s outcome. So far Sterling is up and Euro has continued lower, some sterling strength but watch that USD index should tell the story.

Good call…

I made a bunch of pips with selling Eur/Nzd… then I went heavy long Eur/Jpy but have been in flat (+/-0) territory since this morning, and nothing moves in spite of decent volume, probably an over-extended move
waiting for the next opportunity.

Good luck next week… I am wrapping up an ok week, but have some work to do next week to really improve.

Happy trading, and happy Hallowe’en.

Technicals say the Euro has a few more pips to fall so I am looking at my levels with limit order in place as from my above post. That said, my Sterling trade got filled and it was right on the money… My stops have rolled to breakeven already after that 50 tick benchmark, it is all about trade management…

FxPro GBPUSD h4 1j3wn | cTrader

So I am looking for the 38.2% 61.8% fib of that initial leg as a target but I want to slightly short as trading is an art not a science so nothing is perfect. TP = 1.6083, ATP1 = 1.6023 50% off the table. There is nothing for me to loose at this stage.

Happy weekend guys and hope it has been a good week.

nnnnnnnnnnnnn

[QUOTE=torulf39;664571]Bluffing again Emeraldoc !!!

An impressive timing on your GBP entry …

500 K entry do not fit the thickness of your wallet …

My question have you placed a limit entry in hindsight !!!

My suspicions are easily to disproved, emeraldorc.

Click on your 500 blue GBP tabe, then you will get more information from your trade see attached image

Well, dear Emerald, what do you know, that Eur/Jpy had blood left in it…A positive end to the trading week…

Time to have dinner and enjoy time with friends and family…

Happy Hallowe’en!

Happy Trading x

Some will question my wisdom in responding but I think you should really just ignore me and move on. You have a whole forum out there to poison.

I can’t believe you are obssessed about seeing 5 standard lots. Anyway, I was wondering what you will say next. I am not really in the business of proof but cTrader does a chart shot which is clearer and easier to see by all. I normally wouldn’t publish deal information but it is the only way to show the actual order (besides an order is an order demo or live). In the interest of privacy my co-investors don’t want the account information public, this means if I kept screen shotting my PC, it is not only cumbersome to crop and edit but it will reveal personal information that I don’t intend to make public (see e.g. below why?). I presume good sir I am allowed privacy. If I intend one day to fleece the good public I will be sure to produce all kinds of proof for now I just want to trade and share with folks.

Now please can we just part company as people who just don’t have the same view of the internet and you will never hear from me. Please don’t spam this thread. It has been going for sometime and is a useful resource for already active traders who want to share. I will not respond to you on anymore requests, so don’t hope by spamming the thread it will get better.

Hi Pip, I am being stalked as you can see… I am not that pretty…

Happy Halloween! Yes the Euro was always going to resist other pairs, the market maker just seized the opportunity. Some profit taking no doubt has helped the Euro gain, we will see so many players coming off the table for round 2 of normalization in the currency markets.

We will see what next week brings… I couldn’t finde a trade for almost a week and half so a welcome relief. Have a good weekend.

Still looking into next week

emeraldorc;

I am not really in the business of proof but cTrader does a chart shot which is clearer and easier to see by all.

I normally wouldn’t publish deal information but it is the only way to show the actual order (besides an order is an order demo or live).

In the interest of privacy my co-investors don’t want the account information public, this means if I kept screen shotting my PC, it is not only cumbersome to crop and edit but it will reveal personal information that I don’t intend to make public (see e.g. below why?).

Emeraldoc …

• I guess I have my legitimate right to react and criticize you, when you openly and clearly trying to bluff and lie to you a perfectly successful trade entry , that even short time traders would have trouble taking.

The excuses you serve is just pathetic, that you as a grown man, passed 30 years.

• 2 kids must bluff on a forum, to desperately show something you are not, a trader
    you mentioned once this this forum is armed with idiots .
    you forget to mention you can feed a army with your stupidity

Okay guys, just an update to my previous post ignoring the interruptions. The Euro gapped lower in the early Asia session and took us out for breakeven and accelerated higher it looked like a perfect Bat pattern and it still is. The problem here was the aggressive trade management on my part, the price you pay to break even a trade and protect. The move may still not develop but I am convinced that it will go higher judging from the rising volume and spread and the reaction at that 2.618.

FxPro GBPUSD h4 Pf3wn | cTrader

If you all are considering a long entry watch that 1,5870 area for stops below, that is the key support for me and has held for weeks as you all remember it was my target all those weeks ago during Scot referendum and rate startle.

C’est la vie my friends. On to the next opportunity. Happy trading all.

Appears like we have AB=CD pattern is developing on EURAUD. We have perfect 50% retrace of that first leg up, so I am watching this closely, it still has a few days but it would normally go into the 1.618 (blue fib) and we have a lot of structure resistance at 1.5006. If we do get filled at 1.4980 then we will aim for red fibonacci targets of the leg at 0.382 and 0.618. So 1.4701 and 1.4510 but we want to get closed out just before those levels so orders slightly short of target.

Alternate scenrio price could come into the 0.886 (blue fib) also in line with the Bollinger and decline which would suggest a potential pattern. The reliable patterns I find are sell offs at that 0.886 area. It could be a bumpy ride so we have to have a real long term vision especially on teh higher time frames.

FxPro EURAUD D1 0y7wn | cTrader

I my feeling on the trade is that the AB=CD patterns are risky trades, you really have to overlay them with leading indicators. They could extend and get above those fibonacci reciprocals and hit anyone of them, so the risk has to be really measured and also AB=CD could potentially reverse short into 0.382 and then develop into a trend or an elliot principle 5th wave, so a stop out is usually great. So I will cover for breakeven at 0.382.

Also got an order pending on GBP/JPY to sell off at 183.68 at the 1.27 fib. We shall see…

Happy trading guys.

Call me absolutly mad but I took a look at Gold and it has broken daily support. So I took a look at the monthly and my broker had no info past 2010. So I went into trading view that goes way back and what I see is Gold going to 1059 at best 1085 if it does go back there and come off we will see the biggest rise in Gold to 1700. So it is all is riding on what the next few days bring. Something big is coming…

hmmm.

never really looked over your thread much emerald but i now notice you seem to trade in a way not that dissimilar from my own.

infact. your GBP/JPY order seems like it may be similar to where i have mine.

you got me curious now.

are you sure you can’t give me a lil peak of that my fxbook emerald :21:

Yes, defiance there is a guy in here Tmoney or something that is a huge harmonic pattern trader and I know you like that thread. I have spent sometime studying Gartley and I have also studied Scott Carney more recently. I already use fibonacci as a trade management tool. Mathametically it is a good trade management tool and I was taught this from a great trader he definitely changed my trading direction.

Harmonics are still new and not well understood but equip you trade in congestion regardless of time frame. If more popular harmonics get the market will eventually change direction so enjoy it while it lasts. They are too many folks still saying follow the trend and sit out congestion but stability is on the horizon so congestion will soon be the norm in the markets.

Glad you like my style. On the my Fx book thing. I haven’t done that. It can also be manipulated and is still the marketers territory. My main concern is data harvesting. You only have to look Instagram scandal to know what could happen… In future maybe pending how it goes with the FX industry itself but for now keeping that stuff very private. :).

Wish us luck on that Sterling Yeng short if it comes off it will be good with this pairs ability to move.

No fills yet but waiting expectantly as us traders do. Sterling managed to stay up and continues do so, a shame I fell off the cliff. Of course example of the shake off of weak longs, anyway a breakeven trade is a win.

EUR/JPY I recall pipme talking of blood in this one. Well I have my sell limit on this one at 145.35. It looks like a 5-0 pattern developing and there is significant structure at the 1.618 so a good sell opportunity. Targets just below the 0.50 fibonacci back down at 140.41 good confluence with 0.886 as well look to breakeven at 143.00, we know this pattern can pull back into structure and I am seeing these extended patterns on Yeng pairs a lot. I have never traded this pattern but it sure looks like it could work. It is already way overbought, volume is fallling on the upmove but as my good friend pip says there is blood. I always say when the Japanese go they all go in the same direction. A good place to look for butterflies, bats and crabs and these vicious AB=CD’s.

FxPro EURJPY D1 q67wn | cTrader

In case you guys are wondering about trading view, well one day the feed just froze for like 20 mins, their provider Exante let them down, not to mention a few chart bugs. Well I was in my 30 day trial so may look at esignal in future but the tag is nuts. So Trading view hit the bin for me…