Tick Volume Moving Average?

I’ve been thinking of incorporating Tick Volume into my trend-based trading strategy, I find that it helps me weed out some of the less worthwhile trades by making sure that market activity is at least on the rise before I open a position.

The only thing is that I think it would be a lot easier to analyse this if it was in the form of an adjustable moving average instead of the layout that is in at the moment.

Would appreciate it if any-one could tell me if a Tick Volume Moving Average exists and Where I would be able to find it.

Thanks

Hello kgwalker,

that is a good question… Have you read this thread? 301 Moved Permanently

On either this or another thread, somebody suggested to open the Tick Volume area and adding a Moving Average as an indicator… While it would not be what you suggested, it could be useful: have you tried this?

Regards

I find it much easier to use tick volume for trending but especially ranging and sideways markets. Try this. Before I went to VSA, I used a tick chart with a EMA 12 period, Volume and separate tick indicator. If you’re using MT4 MA & Volume are in the indicator section and tick chart is in custom indicators. Simple closes above; long closes below; short Don’t forget to confirm entry, stop loss and profit targets with Support and Resistance.

Hi PipMeHappy,

I did think of adding a moving average to my Tick Volume but for some reason it wasn’t letting me do it, maybe its not something that I can do with cTrader or maybe there’s some other problem. Either way I’ll keep looking for solutions.

Oh and thanks for introducing me to that thread (which I subscribed to immediately) you, emeraldorc and GP raise some really interesting points that I hadn’t considered and the attached video is also extremely helpful.

Looking forward to the next post,
KMidas

Half time Brazil V Croatia. Master class from Brazil.

Yes, you can’t overlay MA to tick volume on cTrader worth recommending to the devs. It is already a solid platform.

:eek:
This looks like a great strategy! Thanks for sharing this with me.
I use cTrader and it looks like there are some differences in the indicators that we have available to us, (I couldnt find the ‘Tick_on_chart’ that you have at the bottom there) even still, I cant wait to experiment and try different indicators/ techniques and see how I can develop this in my own way.

Thanks again,
KMidas

Glad you liked it. I’m not familiar with ctrader my broker offers MT4 and that’s what I learned on. Having said that, if you contact your broker rep or support and tell them to show you where their tick volume indicators are, they’ll probably something very similar. Like I said I used both on lower time frames as well as higher. It’s great when the market ranges. Draw you major support and major resistance and when price goes over the line go long place your stop loss at support and your take profit at resistance. Thant’s what I did. Anyhow Glad you liked it and Good Luck
Gp