My humble contribution " Steer clear from queer brokers"

Yeah majority of traders there are from Asia. Their trading qualifications is under a big question mark, haha

Hi profitbaby,

We clarified in the thread that the OP has more than one account, and the account which was specifically queried, and to which a response was sent, is not the account number of the statement in the video.

In our initial reply to the client we provided a copy of the statement requested, that CLEARLY shows the unchanged balance. It’s disappointing that the customer evidently did not read it before making demonstrably unjustified claims.

Checking facts before going on the offensive often saves embarrassment further down the line.

Alex

Alexander Chadwick
Alpari (UK) Representative

One rather new, but as per their claims “leading” big broker called IronFX is eluding review, perhaps you could do a check on them as well?

As in any business, people do not always agree on interpreting the terms of their dealings, so naturally every large firm will have some negative publicity, it’s only a matter of time. I would be more concerned if a firm looked as tho it had only super happy customers and no bad reviews at all…

I guess the broker question is ultimately about trust.

Thank you for this, very good …

My broker is NSFX i am really, REALLY happy with them… If somebody is interested, visit their Web

Good thread.

As a newbie myself and trading from the UK, I switched from FXCM to Hantec. I had no cause for complaint with FXCM, but the advantage for me with Hantec is the platform trading hours match UK time, so no more trying to work out the time differences anymore, and I think that in general their spreads are a bit tighter than some brokers. Hantec reviews were generally positive and they seem customer friendly, also they don’t hedge against your position, like some brokers do as I understand it.

Alex, anywhay, nothing is stolen without hands. I am sure, if you were trader, and faced the option, you would opt for a broker without regulator penalties and long-pages scam cases. Right? :slight_smile: You will not go against what coherent logic suggests, will you?

Absolutely at one with you. The point is to find one that has the least negative feedback isn’t it?

Hi profitbaby,

I do agree.

Coherent logic does indeed suggest that traders are better off with a broker that has abided by their regulator’s recommendations and also continue to publicly address any concerns their clients may have.

As always, we are happy to investigate any matters that are of genuine concern. If there is something wrong, we’ll be happy to put it right.

Alex

Alexander Chadwick
Alpari (UK) Representative

In Australia it is quite simple to know which ones to go with.

They must be regulated by ASIC. If they do this it means they can face very high fines for deceptive practices. It also means they need to store your funds in a segregated bank account with an Australian bank so even if they go bankrupt your funds are safe.

But because of these requirements there are very few brokers available (about 10). But there is enough competition for the spreads to be ok.

I really don’t trust review sites because what guarantee you have that they are not made by clickfarmers?

Perusing my article would give you a clear answer :wink:

Hello,

Do you have New york close chart

This is another curious topic especially for me. I agree wholeheartedly wesmip1, regulated brokers are the ones to consider, if they are an option for your country.

Another thing for me(and I’m sure this has been handled in similar topics before, but…) is this: Does the fact that a broker is regulated by an agency concern me, if I do not live in the country of this regulatory agency? Am I in a lesser position to make complaints or reports of the broker than a citizen of the country in which the regulatory agency operates?

Any response would be greatly appreciated. :33:

Actually it is not the case. Regulations are exceptional prerogative right of a governement, not some private concern. Being doubtful of regulator means discreditation of the state as a whole :). Of course lodging a complaint internationally is not plain sailing but it’ll be considerated along with domestic one.And you are at equal to assert your rights even you are not a citizen of the country where your broker is based.

Hi Trecarp,

While I’m glad you found a platform you like, just to clarify, it’s possible to display the time zone of your choice on most of the platforms FXCM offers including Trading Station and MT4.

On Trading Station, you can display your local time in the UK by going to System > Options > Time zone > Local from the menu bar at the top right.

On MT4, you can use the Local Time Frames app from FXCMapps.com

Jason, while you dish out adivices right and left :slight_smile: could you kindly explain why FXCM got two blows from US CFTC? As I suppose itsn’t some sluggish fresh hand burned his fingers and filing a claim, problems of that kind is much more serious.

“…According to the CFTC order, from at least June 18, 2008 until December 17, 2010, FXCM failed to supervise diligently the handling of customer accounts traded on the FXCM platforms by its officers, employees, and agents with respect to changes in price between order placement and execution on both market orders and margin liquidation orders. The order finds that FXCM’s failure prevented its customers from receiving the benefit of price movements in customers’ favor, but allowed its customers to suffer detrimental price movements.”

It is far from innocent reason of getting fined, isn’t it…?

You’re right, PB

FXCM should have passed on positive slippage to our clients from the beginning. As part of our settlements with the CFTC and other regulators, we reimbursed traders for any positive slippage they should have received prior to 2010. That same year, we updated our execution system to pass on positive slippage to our clients whenever it’s available.

FXCM LLC (our US-regulated entity) now provides daily trade reports to the NFA which monitors and supervises FXCM LLC’s activity including information on the price where client orders are filled and the corresponding price where those orders are offset with our liquidity providers. All of FXCM’s global trading entities including FXCM UK, FXCM Japan and FXCM Australia execute client rolling spot forex transactions as a riskless principal with FXCM LLC, so the same execution standards are applied for all FXCM clients worldwide.

Below are some highlights from a detailed study of FXCM’s trade execution analyzing a total of 43,128,901 trades placed over a six month period from August 2013 to January 2014:
[ul]
[li]73% of all orders had no slippage.
[/li][li]15% of all orders received positive slippage. (AKA price improvements)
[/li][li]12% of all orders received negative slippage.
[/li][li]Over 60% of all limit and limit entry orders received positive slippage.
[/li][li]53.32% of all stop and stop entry orders received negative slippage.
[/li][/ul]
The same study showed that:
[ul]
[li]Limit and limit entry orders are most likely to receive positive slippage
[/li][li]Stop and stop entry orders are most likely to receive negative slippage
[/li][li]The Market Range feature on Trading Station can help traders by limiting their negative slippage without limiting their positive slippage.
[/li][/ul]
As a result of the changes we have made, FXCM is now one of the only firms in the industry to pass on positive slippage on all order types including market and limit orders. By contrast, some forex brokers will re-quote their clients rather than let them benefit from price improvements. There are no re-quotes with FXCM.

The quality of our trade execution along with our commitment to customer service are key reasons why traders entrust FXCM with $1.245 billion in client funds.

Let’s hope it isn’t mere words and you’ve done with your tricky practices…

Citi, HSBC, and some big banks were fined too for illegal funds. Some big institutions were even fined for FX and interest rates rigging. I rather bank on firms that are being watched and fined than go for those that are too clean.

That makes a lot of sense. Being too clean I think would let you think that they’re onto something else.