Is this Divergence Valid?

Right now a bullish Divergence is foaming on 4 hour chart of GBPJPY. The spot is also in line with Fib 50. What is your opinion about this set up.

BIJOY

My answer: No.
A pure bullish stochastic divergence is the opposite of what your chart shows.
In other words, price would be making a low, followed by a lower low.
Whereas the indicator would make a low, followed by a higher low.

Couple that with S/R, price action, volume, recognizable patterns and a moving average and you have yourself a solid time-tested strategy.

But according to School of Pipsology, It is a Hidden bullish Divergence, as the price is making Higher lows and Oscillator is showing Lower lows.

Hidden Divergence | Trading Divergences | High School

Secondly It is in line with Fib 50. Another useful tip is that, the price is currently testing the previous broken resistance which may become a new support.

Waiting for a price action candle to go long.

BIJOY

Hm…ok I see now.
Yea, I’ve never traded that type of divergence so can’t comment on it. Let me know how that works out though! :slight_smile:

Yep this appears to be a divergence indicating a potential continuation of the trend. I’ve got my eyes glued on this one as well. The upcoming BOE decision could renew the uptrend.

My Buy Stop order at 174.25 is triggered. TP is at 175.25 (100 pips) and SL at 173.50 (-75 pips). Watching closely…and…crossing fingers.

BIJOY

Very very nice trend right there! I would take it even without the confirmation of a divergence. But that’s just me :smiley: