Do you trade the summer months and holidays?

Hey everyone,
Just wondered who is trading through the summer and who isn’t. Your reasons why and any lessons learned. What about holidays too? Do you sell in May and go away or do you stick around? Dec 15-Jan 15 ? I’ve only been live for a couple years, I’m profitable, but a breakout strategy during this summer based on daily charts is not going to well. I’m considering going on vacation until sep 1. How about you?

I’m an opportunity trader. If I see a currency pair that fits with the methods I use to trade, the rules I trade by and doesn’t effect my personal agenda, then I trade. I don’t care the time, day or part of the year.

+1.
Think about it logically- when a holiday comes around, liquidity will naturally evaporate because the market participants aren’t participating.

If any instrument gives you a signal according to your trading plan, you take that trade 100 out of 100 times. End of story :slight_smile:

FYI- July is the most volatile month of the year per a john Kicklighter study of options over the last 10 years or so.

Didn’t know that. You think volatility during July is mainly due to the lower volume in the market? Thus, less liquidity is required to move the market as normal? Or other reasons. I don’t know about other pairs but the cable has been one boring pair for me lately. Sideways going crooked. I’ll stay on the sidelines until Labor Day.