Job interview at a Forex Broker company! Need help/advice :D

Hello,

I’ve managed to get myself a job interview at a Forex-Broker firm in London :smiley: (buzzing!), but at the same time I’m nervous/excited and want to go there as prepared and ready as I can. I’m applying to be a junior/trainee salesmen doing outbound calls to potential clients/customers, eventually having the chance to move up to become a broker. I’m just posting in hope that there’s people on here who can help me and either give me some good advice, or point me in the right direction…

I’ve been asked to do a short presentation, as well as an interview.

The presentation will be on: “How the company helps organisations in managing their forex exposure and my knowledge on the forex market.”

I mainly need help on the presentation part as this is totally new to me and I have no experience in this type of thing…
What are the key things to research and mention?
What are they looking to hear?
What sort of questions/objections will they likely challenge me with?
What key points should I address?

If anybody has got any interview questions they were asked, or what they think are likely to be asked (forex based and company based) please share them, so I can get ready on them. I would really appreciate that.

Thanks for taking your time out to read this guys, I have faith and I’m hoping I get some good advice so I can smash this interview.

I’ll let you know how it goes after, thanks again.

You are looking a job that involves cold calling, a potential client list usually taken from a purchased database of people who have downloaded pdf’s on some aspect of trading or have given their contact details to gain some special secret report from a marketeer web site.

When making the call you have maybe 5 -10 seconds to make the potential client interested.

One little tip, when being interviewed, stress the importance of knowledge of the potential client’s (target) age, older people like me just rant at you and then hang up :slight_smile:

Appreciate that thanks.
Anyone else help?: )

Hi,

Here is a recent article from Fortune Magazine that you might find useful:
How should you prepare for a job interview with a hedge fund? - Fortune

It’s about preparing for Hedge Fund interviews rather than with broker firms, but a lot of the same stuff still applies :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Nick

Great! I’m gonna read up on that nick, thanks a lot for your help :slight_smile:

what forex based questions do u think theyll ask? or want to hear in my presentation?

?sorry to bump but i need some pointers

Me again, their primary aim is to enlist people with strong communication skills and a certain persistence in getting a message across - hmmm… you have passed that one already :slight_smile:

As far as fx knowledge is concerned, I’d say you’ve enough, they will provide training - in interview it’s good to stress a willingness to be trained, to adopt, to learn.

You will get this job, prob put on a probation period - so let us all know how you get on.
( they may ban you from talking on forums btw)

I’ll let you guys know how I get on, thanks for the feedback I do honestly appreciate it. Oooooh I hope it goes well!

Interview? Wow it’s been a long time I have not done that… How exciting!

I’ve done cold callings a long time ago and let me tell you that if you have the personality and know how to accept " rejections" for every calls you’ve made, you will be fine… Just don’t take it personally. Cold calling is not really the best way to go to do “selling” in my opinion but for now, you have to start somewhere.
In your interview, be confident and be yourself… Don’t pretend a somebody that you are not. Show them what skills you have that you can help the organization. You have to gain their trust on you that you are reliable and dependable… It’s all about if they like you and trust you…

… And don’t forget to " suit up!"

Look sharp and compliment the interviewer. and make at least one joke. Shoe-in.

I forgot to mention to have fun with it. This is one of those experiences that you will look back in time either you did well or not… In the end, atleast you did your best.

Goodluck!

Maybe something like this?

Neh… not that one…

Like this one…

You gatta look sharp… you only get one shot :wink: and you never know who will interview you :slight_smile:

Food for thought:

BBC News - Are work suits on the way out?

Right, however first impression counts :wink:

The message here is that you should try to mirror the image of the company you are going to work with:

Why do men have to wear suits to work? | UK Business Forums

If they wear suits, then you should probably wear one too…

But the rest of PipNRoll’s advice is absolutely spot on: they want a reliable person and

who is willing to listen, and train.

Also, prepare some questions to ask at the end, should you get the opportunity.

Good luck!

I wear dresses and skirt to my work :wink: have you heard about dress for success? :slight_smile:

Yes you have to dress up base on where you work. In a corporate offices, you have to be at-least presentable…

In addition to previous tips, do this. Write down in as much detail as you can about why they should give you the job. Then look at what they’re asking for and compare it to your answer. If you are honest with your answer, and understand why and what the company is looking for, you make their decision to pick you much easier. Remember the customer is always right. The employer is probably not looking for reasons why they shouldn’t hire you, they looking for reasons why they should hire you; so list the reasons why.
Good Luck
Gp

Appreciate it everyone thanks alot, bought myself a new suit and shoes so hopefully they appreciate that lol!