Anybody taking this trading course?

Hello traders!

I have just seen a Groupon discount offering a

‘Trading Diploma’ from the Shaw Academy for

£29 instead of £849(!).

Here is the course description:
Diploma in Financial Trading | The Shaw Academy

I thought some of you might be interested…

I might go for it (you never know what you might learn)…

Happy trading.

immediately i have concerns over the quality/teaching of such a course if they can afford to cut it from £849 right down to £29

but on the positive side at £29, even if it’s a crap cource and you learn nothing new it wont break the bank.

by all means go for it if you think it could bring value to your trading but do some more resaerch on it first.

who is the teacher?
what is his credentials
can you see proof of his proficiency in the forex market

if he’s so good at forex why isn’t he out trading and making serious money instead of selling/teaching cheap £29 courses over the internet.

in the fine print it says the diploma upon completion is an additional $29, seems like a bit of a scam, reading through the material, and the price discount.

I think (for me anyway) it’d be nice to have some sort of piece of paper for all the self-taught trading! :slight_smile:

I’m going to take a few of the finance/economics units from open yale instead: Open Yale Courses | Economics

29 bucks is not that bad of a price but then I don’t know how good the material is. Initial promo will give you the very basic stuff then ofcourse if you want to “know more” you will have to pay a higher price. Up to you if it is really worth your time and money…

Thanks PipNRoll…

It looks like my GroupOn account is not working so I will miss the deadline.

Choice has been made for me.

No worries, I was not desperate.

Cheers x

I agree with the “even if it’s a crap course. . . and do some more research first.” For my two cents, I like to cost to value. For example " Live lessons from professional traders with fully interactive bonus Q & A sessions" In my book “Big Big value” They don’t have to be a successful trader for this to be worth it. I did purchase a price action course from one of the guys here on this site, right after I joined baby pips. I learned a lot, but to me this one thing I got, was worth the price. "Let the Market Come To You. or "One to One Evaluation with a professional trader " same thing. If it were me, I’d research these two statements before anything else.

I watched a video that was total BS, however during the presentation I learned how to set up and look at 12 currency pairs with 2 clicks of the mouse to see which pair addressed my trading method the most. For me I found even if the course has no real costs £29, one good tip to help you makes it value wise, a great price at any costs. So when considering costs, pay attention to value or possible value.

We hear a lot about if their course, video, coaching, mentoring etc is so good, then why aren’t they trading as opposed to teaching. There are lot of reasons why people teach. 1. Some people are better at teaching concepts than trading them. Some people don’t understand the power of the internet, face book, twitter etc. They look at $29 instead of looking at what if they get 1000 or 5000 orders for $29. Other people are trading and selling courses, vid’s, coaching etc because they want more than one stream of income. You can’t just assume that any trader who is selling a service, can’t trade so they sell.

As far as the extra cost for the diploma, it’s no different than any upsell. Again I think we have to consider value. For example someone who is looking for someone to invest their money, the diploma no matter where it’s from is just another tool in the “many of why you should use me to invest your money.”

Like anything gather than relevant facts, look at your options and pick the least of the evils. Like I said, just my two cents.
Gp

well the main reason why i was so skeptical was because of the price drop. I don’t like seeing people getting scammed and seeing a price drop from £849 to £29 makes me wonder if the course has any real quality if they can just butcher the price like that,

seeing as he’s decided not to do the course now due to his groupon account not working, if i were him i would just get that £29 he was planning to use and try and bribe PipNRoll to teach him her method. atleast you can see on her myfxbook she has been profitable.

Absolutely agree. Nothing wrong with being skeptical, that’s a lot of buy and regret because in the beginning people were not skeptical enough. I start with you can’t trust anyone and go from their. But again there are a lot of reasons why price drops. Probably one reason in this case would be it was over priced in the 1st place. Whenever anyone tells me “Live lessons from professional traders with fully interactive bonus Q & A sessions” doesn’t mean there is value but there can be hidden value. Some people are just better at giving advice than applying it. But again absolutely correct again in my opinion to be extremely skeptical in the beginning.

Buy me a Happy Meal from McDonalds would be good enough for me but then I cannot promise how good my material is lol :wink:

Thanks for a comment :slight_smile:

Maybe I will cook PipNRoll my spaghetti alla matriciana as well… I am not sure she would relinquish

her FX Mistress secrets for a measly £29!!!

My pasta meal would also come with a free flight from the US…

Sweeeeetttt!! I’m sold :slight_smile:

Literally?

Ps: now reading ‘The Geometry of Markets’, by B. Gilmore…

My thanks to Kristian Kerr of DailyFX for

recommending this to me…

An excellent starting point for learning

about cycle theory.

This isn’t a bad idea, to list a few books you’ve found useful to read? I’m always interested in a new read. (But not churning out the standards; Mark Douglas, Market Wizards etc…)

I’ve recently really got into “Market Mind Games” by Denise Shull and “Investing and the Irrational Mind” by Robert Koppel.

Of course, there is always this (Sticky) thread:

http://forums.babypips.com/forextown/17224-pipcrawlers-favorite-trading-books.html

:slight_smile:

PS: link to the book I was talking about: http://gann.su/book/eng/Gilmore,%20Bryce%20-%20Geometry%20of%20Markets.pdf

Now if you could provide a link to a pair that’s moving more than 10 pips today, that’d be appreciated! :slight_smile:

Worry not, I know it has been a low-volatility environment, but bear in mind that the US GDP figures and

the FOMC rate decision will, hopefully, make the fireworks start… Whether there will be breakouts and no

follow-through, well, that is possible, but for short-term volatility it may be enough for any of us…

I made some good pips selling the NZD in the past few days, as well as the GBP. Today I will stay off new

trades until the dust settles.

Happy trading.

PS: PipNRoll, it is remarkable how similar she looks to you (or at least your little profile photo)…

I await in trembling fear of your response shivers

Lol while not wishing to distract from the discussion of PipNRoll’s charms, I would add briefly that in my view for $29 you can’t really go wrong, one can learn something from most experiences so I would say go for it. We all of us will waste $29 from time to time, at least on this occasion you can do so in the hope of learning something to your advantage!

Anyway, apologies for the siding and back to PipNRoll.

Hello Mr. Templar,

long time, no see… How is the trading?

No apology needed, your opinion is and always will be valued here…

I did not get my password e.mailed to me, thus I missed the deadline for purchasing said £29 course,

but I have since found plenty more to keep me occupied, namely this:

http://gann.su/book/eng/Gilmore,%20Bryce%20-%20Geometry%20of%20Markets.pdf

I am away to print it off today and start reading it tomorrow on the coach to Glasgow…

Cheers…

Now, indeed, back to PipNRoll …