Scottish independence impact on the GBP a.o

Im not much into doing technical analysis myself since i can pick a few hundred people straight from the net who all did the same analysis on the same pairs using the same methods every week, who have a lot of experience with it so to myself i consider it somewhat of a waste of time, somewhat like a developer would use an existing library (google ajax or something) i.o. wasting all time on developing one from scratch so as to get to the matters at hand more quickly.
Im not telling anyone what to do but im more somewhat of a trendhunter and newsjunkie.
So i was wondering if anyone knows of a site that is devoted solely to global / national / local / regional events that could possibly have an impact on the majors EUR, USD , JPY, GBP , AUD , maybe even CAD and NZD.
Not just a very complete site like the economist but one who takes at it from an impact-on-forex-perspective only. Highly specialized so to speak.
For instance i read a lot lately about the U.K. picking up while, living in the EU im somewhat less inclined to believe the good news from overhere since i think it’s slacking at best, leading me to think the pound might rise versus the euro over one-two years unless situations change
etcetera
But then theres things like ukraine and gaza, the malay plane that cant be predicted, ukraine might have been by someone who is specialized in events that impact currecny.
And now , in september the vote for scottish independence. Any opinions on how this might go for the pound ?

And, any idea if a specialized site like that exists anywhere on the net. A serious non black-hat seo site with only links to other sites i mean the real works.
If anyone has any clue as to where to find something like that id be much obliged

I am dreading the day …Don’t get me started…

On the 10th of July, ThisIsMoney
published an article on Scottish
Independence and its effect on the
Pound, with quotes and insights from
Kathleen Brooks, Director of Research
at Forex.com:
What happens if Scotland leaves the UK? | This is Money

thanks, well, the whole point was to get something started :slight_smile:

i had this one too for anyone who’s interested :
The economics of independence: A costly solitude | The Economist

All the more a reason why I will
be voting ‘No’ on the 18th September…

Great article.

Cheers.

the economist site is one of my major sources on how things fare in the world
well, good luck on the referendum then mister Wallace :stuck_out_tongue: … o wait no, he would have voted yes and he died horribly didnt he
beautiful country, scotland, rainy and windy (like here) but vast and beautiful (unlike here :p)
good luck i hope its a no too, theres too much separatism going on worldwide already

Thanks for bringing this topic to our attention and thanks for the links! Something to think about aside from the BOE and their policies…

you’re welcome and it is i who should thank you lot for the hard work you put into your fabulous site, its one of the few forex sites i frequent since most of them are just blackhat-seo-type site posting nothing but short links and ads, or brokers trying to sell you a package wrapped in news and analysis

a visit from la Huck soi même, i am honoured. Well, things like this should be up front on most forex sites but for some reason they’re not there until they’re happening or past :slight_smile: thats why i was wondering if anyone could direct me to more up-front possible market movers but the replies arent really pouring in :slight_smile:
guess the 99% is just looking for the holy grail still :wink: the economist is really worth its weight in dollar for one but its a global encompassing paper, what im looking for is a news-site (to complement the ones i frequent) which is focused on things like this [B]before[/B] they happen , and can’t think of any

Here’s an idea,

UK Manufacturing up tomorrow morning.

The outlook from the manufacturers’ body:
Manufacturing Outlook : Surveys : EEF

See how they are noting the need for growth in exports, so then check out how that did here:

United Kingdom Exports | Actual Value | Historical Data | Forecast

Then for NFP, first check Business Confidence US.

Another idea - for GBP I look to representative bodies, for example the retail industry who continually survey and publish their members before data releases:

British Retail Consortium - Home �

Or general business:

CBI: Industrial trends

Now there is an idea - to find out the rep bodies for various business for each of the majors.

nice to see where people get their info, maybe i should try and start a select club of “the not-seekers-for-the holy grail who put some actual work into it” :stuck_out_tongue:

BUT … im still recovering mentally from the homo sapiens so i dont think i’ll fix me an organizing position anytime soon

Don’t know if you read the EEF report, I’ll admit there was a lot, the reason that I highlighted the export numbers was that there was a little increase but nothing remarkable.

If there was little growth in exports that meant that manufacturing was relying on home sales - thus an increased risk of poorer numbers.

One way to get the news before the release :slight_smile:

Edit: just seeing your post, what you are saying is actually an excellent idea - I am familiar with rep bodies in UK, I am a member of some, I know how they like to survey and how they take pride in getting those surveys public before data releases but what about Aus, or US, or Germany, etc.

Imagine if we had a list of such links…

Why Scotland should peg an ‘independent’ currency to the British pound sterling