Great forex quotes

How’s it going fellow pip hunters
I’d like to start a thread on great quotes that relate to forex. Ill start with this one I read today which I thought about ten years really.

How many years would you go to university if you new for a fact there was a million dollar job at the end of it?

Let the market come to you

not a quote, more of a joke i can’t get out of my head:

investor wannabe (IW) asks jesse livermore (JL) for advice.
JL: Buy a stock and when it goes up sell it
IW: And if it doesn’t go up?
JL: Then don’t buy it

:cool:

have not found anything else describing so fine and accurately the world of investing

“Candles Exhaust Themselves to Give Light to Men” - Steve Nisson

“The Market is always right” - Mark Douglas

This isn’t forex specific, but since trading is a performance endeavor (and because I’m a fan of basketball) here’s a quote from the GOAT: “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” - Michael Jordan

In trading, we gotta take shots to learn and get better, and a lot of those shot will be misses or losing trades. There really can’t be growth and development without some failures along the way.

Trading is nothing more than the transfer of money from the accounts of those who don’t know what they’re doing, into the accounts of those that do. -Sam Seiden

1 Like

[I]“Fighting yourself is like robbing your own bank.”

“A trading plan is just words until you act on it.”

“The easiest thing to handle is winning, but trading doesn’t start until you lose.”

“Just because the market is open does not mean you have to trade. Cash is a position too.”

“The trading genius was previously an idiot or is closer to being one tomorrow. Keep learning.”

“Having trading discipline is the beginning; keeping discipline is the progress; staying discipline is the success.”

“Losing is lonely, but it can be the easiest way to get to know yourself. It builds a base in which we never have to go below again.”

“Because trading seems difficult today, it was not for someone else. Stick with it, the roles may reverse tomorrow.”

[/I]And my favorite one…

[B]“Find yourself and trade that way…”[/B]

Ignorance is reversible. Stupidity is terminal.

• author unknown -

“There is only one side of the market and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side.”

“When you combine ignorance and leverage, you get some pretty interesting results.”

This is so true, most people spend far to long looking for the holy grail and don’t stick with trading long enough to find their own personal way.

Here’s another one that is easy to understand but so hard to put into practice.
“cut your losses quickly, and let your winners run”

“I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times, I’ve been trusted to take the game - winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”

~ Michael Jordan

"As much as technical skills will contribute to a trader’s survival in the markets, it is the way he handles his open positions that will ultimately determine the degree of his consistency. "

~ Bob Volman

“Rule No 1: Never lose money. Rule No 2: Never forget rule 1.”

~ Warren Buffetts

You do not need to win every battle, your goal is to win the war.

Prepare to take hits but fight to win.

Really this discussion is good one as we have many people to share about FOREX getting new ideas from them.

“I always say that you could publish my trading rules in the newspaper and no one would follow them. The key is consistency and discipline. Almost anybody can make up a list of rules that are 80% as good as what we taught our people. What they couldn’t do is give them the confidence to stick to those rules even when things are going bad.”

Richard Dennis - father of the Turtles

One of the best I have heard is: “THE MARKET WILL DO WHAT THE MARKET WANTS TO DO AND THERE IS NO FORCING IT”.

“An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” - Benjamin Franklin

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” - Winston Churchill

When you want to be as successful as much as you want to breathe, only then will you find success.