USD/JPY nicely setting up for a big drop

IMHO offcourse.

Risk aversion may be kicking in.
Need to confirm though via many technical breaks and follow through.

I watch VWO, VIX, USDollar, SPX500, US30, JPN225, JPY Crosses, 10 YR Note, Riskier High Yield Currencies, XAU- to gauge overall sentiment.

I’m short EURJPY on fundamental and technical aspects.

Sounds good to me.

does anyone know the reason why Japan’s GDP forecast is so very very very and very low?

with such low consensus any -also bad- number close to 0 will activate yen bulls.

so why the forecast is so low after such great numbers last time we had such an announcement?

(just curious, technical analysis fan and follower here)

Don’t know but what’s ironic is yet some sites are suggesting that yen GDP will be bad hence good for USD bulls. ??? I don’t buy it really. I think I’ll stick to my gut feeling of shorting USD.

With the usd index making higher lows but respecting resistance I’d have my official answer be “too early to tell”. My analysis overall shows the two still battling it out in the channel. What size move are you looking at? Not sure what big means to you. But if you’re talking a couple hundred pip move I’d love to know where your drawing conclusion from? All I really see is chop

What is chop?

Back and forth movement. Comes from the term choppy seas I suppose

[QUOTE=“Braden1;647679”]Back and forth movement. Comes from the term choppy seas I suppose[/QUOTE]

Aka sideways :expressionless: fine, sure. What I see as big drop is to be around 101.2ish level. Couple of thousand pips :slight_smile: depending on the lots, I got over a mil.

Well I’d say that’s a very reasonable target. Price hasn’t gone outside the channel between 101 and 103 very much this year. I’m a longer term trader but if your target is around 101.20 it may be very likely. I’m long usd/jpy since last week. Stop is at 100.08 and my target is somewhat “to be determined”. I took half my trade off while price stalled over the 103 level, the rest is still floating around. Not a bad time for entry for you tho to go short. You could have a stop outside some big resistance lines and maintain a good R:R. Nice call. I guess just keep an eye on correlating pairs. Let us know if you pull the trigger if you haven’t already and good luck bud!

Okay this didn’t go too well! LOL.

Damn you USD

Working out well for me! Lol sorry bud. Are you still in or is your trade over?

Waiting for a retraccement to ride the bullish trend again