How old will you trade to?

Just wondered if anyone has a clue when they’ll stop? The poll just has ages. If you have a monetary target or otherwise please share your thoughts…

Till death do us part…

Then i either go pro and join a hedge fund, open my own hedge fund or enjoy the rest of my days globe trotting and trying to improve the world.

How long would you continue to pick fruit from a tree in your garden? :slight_smile: Either until you don’t like the fruit, or you/the tree dies!

Very well written. I don’t see the reason why you should set some target to stop. Trade as long as you enjoy trading.

[B]Trade until your life gets a margin call[/B]

:57:

hahaha I’m with you on that one PipMeHappy! Trading and golf are the two games I hope to be able to play until I get that margin call.

For me, i don’t enjoy trading. I just enjoy the challenging of beating the market and out-thinking the pros.

With that said, i’m currently 21, single, working a laid back internship and i barely get any sleep at night because of fx, so definitely my trading routine is not sustainable for a future that would probably include a wife, kids and a more strict job. So I know I’d definitely be calling it quits in a few years.

Nice one mate. :smiley:

Aceofpips… if only all twenty-one-year-old trading noobs were as mature as you… But then, being a newbie trader
is ageless: anybody at the start can think they can cut their learning time by depriving themselves of the one commodity that is actually free (and really good for you): sleep…

I have done it, you are doing it, and many others are also doing it…and, yes, it is ‘not sustainable’, as you
say, long term…so do it now while you can…later in life, the Asian session may be replaced by the baby feeding session (but if you can combine both in the same night, then all the better)!

:slight_smile:

I think I would trade until I reach a certain amount. We’ve all heard things get tricky as your account reaches a certain amount. Not sure how long it will take for me to get there tough. That’s a tough one.

But if I’m able to get there someday hopefully before I get too old I’d rather get out there and do something else like aceofpips instead of staring at charts the whole day. There’s so much to life than looking at candlesticks form ;p

Definitely. And yes I thought about those problems as well. Order fills, etc… I’d like to say I’d put a nice chunk of my account into a mutual fund or something. Diversify it out. The idea of someone else managing my money gives me some strong feelings both good and bad tho. I guess that will be a good problem to have and I’ll light that firecracker when I get to it.

now i do not earn money sustainable. i want to make profit sustainable. if we can make money in a long time we will rich

Until my account balance can’t fit on the screen

Until I can’t supply $$$, or until death due us part…And so as long as I am still having fun with it. :wink:

Wow guys! I really thought the bulk of answers would fall among the 50s! Glad I asked…

[U]By Forex[/U]
I have earned almost everything that I was dreaming before.
But, for now I think, that it’s too soon to stop.

I could afford to spend more free time, traveling a lot and supporting my family.

I don’t think age matters, as long as you are willing and able to make the effort to learn. I’ve met people who [B]started[/B] in their 50s and they’re doing quite well.

I totally agree age really does not matter when it is relate to forex trading.

I will trade until I have a good return to buy what I want any time. Because I also think age is no matter. If you can buy anything from the return why we trade. We can have a great life without taking stress by trading over and over again.