How to pick the right timing?

i’m not an experienced trader in forex, i tried to keep following my trade all the time except sleeping, but sometimes i just can’t get the right point to buy or sell, like i sold out, and suddenly it goes up very much… so frustrated.
does anyone know how to pick the right timing? or maybe can show me which signal provider’s information is worthy to be followed?

Hello Elena,

you asked the 1,000,000 Yuan question!

Some traders use indicators like the
Moving Averages, others use oscillators
like RSI (like in this article Learn Forex: Time Strong Trend Entries with the RSI Oscillator), and some just set support and resistance levels through Fibonacci retracements: whatever you use, I recommend that you look at historic price levels going back as far as your monthly charts go on each pair you trade in order to see where price is in relation to its long-term history.

Whatever you choose, there will always be times when your approach/strategy fails, and your only hope there may be having a stop loss in place…

Does this address your question?

Cheers

You have to get experience and setup a system according to your style. I suggest you to learn Price Action as it is the key to identify important levels.

I´d recommend price action for sure too… price action signals on tick charts bouncing on important psychological levels or support/resistances could be very interesting strategy.

You should get better over time as you better understand how certain things function. There are different ways to approach this, but my favorite is price action as mentioned above. It is important that you have more than just one buy/sell signal from your overall analysis before even taking a position and then you can fine tune your entries/exits as you gather data from your closed trades.

For timing I use Price action and Fibonacci time analysis

I think you might need to put in more time in watching and observing price action, then develop your trading strategy and schedule around it. Keeping track of economic releases might also help, as this could result to huge price moves from time to time. Good luck!

To learn how to time your entries correctly, you need a lot of training and patience.

Correct entry in forex market is essential for traders because this thing determines either their positions will give them profit or loss. Good analysis helps trades to find right entry as well as they should have ability to adjust trades according to market situation.

It looks like the OP has had a great time on Babypips… A single post in two years!!

It would be interesting to know if she was still trading . …

No way of knowing … [I][U]many[/U][/I] people get driven away by people like “imbest” and “John Sanders” posting their futile, fatuous nonsense, filling the forum with useless rubbish just to get posts on the board, and often bumping old threads to do it, as well. Unfortunately, the moderators do nothing to prevent or discourage it. That’s why people go away to other forums where that sort of behaviour isn’t tolerated.

Just look at the best performing thread that we have, the EUR/USD one! How right you are, Dr. Lexy!

i think for retail trading it is very important to pay the electricity bill as all our computers run on electricity and trading is done mostly on computers. therefore for good timing it is most important to not mess with your electricity provider.

am i doing this right? not a pro in nonnsense posts i must improve i guess.

Hahahahahahahahaua That is funny, Turbo!

to be honest, its actually hard work to speak without saying anything :smiley:

In a way that is what most financial forecasting is…

and the Fed press conferences are the best example of that haha

I am not even sure, Dr. Lexy, that such forum users as you hinted at

would even understand those big words haha

so true lol