What’s next for the ECB?

The ECB is in a tough space. Countries like Germany cheer for a lower Euro which they have received over the past few trading weeks while other prefer the ECB to remain committed to price stability. The good news is that the worst news may be behind the Eurozone which does not necessarily make the ECB job much easier. It is doubtful that the ECB will launch an economic stimulus package like the US did and after slashing interest rates it may hesitate to do so especially after asking for time. Deflationary pressures may come to haunt the ECB. Right now the Euro seems to be in a free-fall, but may have hit a bottom last Friday.

And it might not have.
Just as it hadn’t a couple weeks back when you posted this comment on another thread prior to it sliding away from 1.3350

Wouldn’t it make much more sense if perhaps you actually traded what you saw as opposed to what you think might happen?

It’s precisely that tactic which trips up the majority of hedge funds. Not surprising the majority find it increasingly more difficult to turn a decent profit these days.

I do trade what I see and I have been taking a long view on the Euro. You are right I did like the Euro at 1.3350 so I do like it even more now at 1.3200. In my approach 150 pips is not that much and I do split my overall exposure into several positions. In the end it depends on your overall strategy and time horizon per trade.

Nobody asked you to follow anything anyone says and without knowing the overall approach and strategy you may want to refrain from suggesting how others should trade or making assumption on how they trade. You go ahead and follow your own approach regardless if it makes sense to other or not.

I have buy positions @1.3900 and I don’t mind holding them a bit longer (2015). I don’t see where is the problem :slight_smile:

Of course you don’t because this is nothing more than a hobby to you.
I doubt you even realise how ridiculous that scenario makes you appear do you.
LOL, dear oh dear.

A few days ago, on another Forextown thread, I posted the following link, which is a Financial Times article on

the troubled ECB/Draghi:

http://m.ft.com/cms/s/0/b8bb9dd6-2467-11e4-be8e-00144feabdc0.html

I trust that you will find this item thought-provoking…

PS: Shadowline, you ought to moderate your language a little…

Considering the dates mihk’s positions were opened, I think Shadowline’s language was quite generous. :wink:

I would have gotten another in-fractal from Pipzilla if I posted my opinion re: mihk’s statement. :56:

Well, again I will refrain from making a judgement call on anyone’s strategy without fully knowing it. True, the trades were taking a few months ago, but for someone with a long-term time horizon I do not see anything wrong with that. I am not advocating this approach, but simply want to stress the fact again that different traders have a different approach and as long as it works for that trader it does not matter if others understand it. Just by looking at mihk’s statement I could point out things which may not make sense to me me, but again it does not matter.

One thing I don’t understand is people dismissing something which they do not understand and thinking their approach is the only one which make sense (often because it is shared by many others in the retail crowd). There are as many functional strategies as there are profitable strategies and every traders needs to define one which works for them and deliver the long-term results desired.

It is indeed just a hobby. I will decide later if there is any money to be made.
A bigger picture is this:

I am closing my longs but only in compensation with shorts, as long as the downtrend continues. Go go Draghi!!