HFT - High Frequency Traders/Trading

I am pretty curious to know if we have many successful High Frequency traders here on babypips. But most importantly I would like to hear about the issues have You encounter before or encounter often when it comes to High-Frequency trading? What do You expect from a broker when it comes to HFTing?

Depends on what your definition of high frequency is.

Good point, I guess it will depend from trader to trader, some will consider 50 trades per day as high frequency, others 500+ trades. In my opinion high frequency is around 50+ trades per day regardless of the trading volume. The last HFTer I saw traded over 10,000 trades in a day.

Lets think about it bro. 10000 trades in a 10 hour day that’s 1000 trades an hour. I don’t breath that quicky. HF trading is for the retail spot market. The market will chew you up n spit you out if us speculators tried to mimic this style

That is an exceptional example of 10K trades, however a perfect example in relation to HFT, I don’t remember seeing that many trades being made by a trader ever before. Do You do HFTing [B]bobbillbrowne[/B]?

I trade of tick charts bro. Probably low frequency trading. 5 to 10 a day looking to reduce to 2 or 3.

Oh, I see. So no conflict with any brokers I suppose?

Na bro. With IC Markets in Australia. Don’t think they come any better

HFT at the retail level is possible with FX. I use a HFT SW that I created and it works so far. Since you are trading a lot of trades in a short period you need to:

1. Make sure you have low spread & fees
  2. That your broker allows HFT and can accommodate it. I went crazy one time and did over 600 trades in about one hour and I got a warning from the broker because of server overload.
  3. Make sure you have a good HFT strategy and plan.

Below is a typical day for me, I average about 50 trades per day…

1 Like

Yeap Jonny HFT in retail level is actually been approved since PS2K (Jonny’s HFT SW) has come, but surprisingly there is not many SW OR BOT of HFT SW out there in the trading bot market, which is with a prove of consecutive success. and with a right handling knowledge PS2K can actually work well.