Long Term Potential

Lol. Half of you guys are uninformed(go ahead and look up zero sum game) half are defensive without any evidence, yours or someone else’s, looks like BS loses again.

Sounds like sour grapes to me. You never answered my question though. Why did you start trading (if you know it’s a zero sum game)?

EDIT: And at the very least, forex is not a zero sum game. If I open a buy and sell order of the same amount at the same time, 2 hours later, it does not sum up to zero because - surprise, surprise, the broker always wins via spreads, so it’s a negative sum game if at all the concept of one’s person losing the exact amount for another’s wins applies in real life. So yeah, you’re just regurgitating the loser mentality BS.

Exit theme: Queen - Another One Bites the Dust (Official Video) - YouTube

You’re exactly right. It’s worse than zero sum. I started trading at 25. I was uninformed and thought I’d get rich. Thank god my eyes opened up. Good luck

Good luck to everyone.

Thanks. No doubt we share some of the same beliefs about forex. After reading Kane and Abel when I was 13 years old, I’ve always believed I could beat the market. I’m doing that now and this is what drives me on. Good luck to you too.

Hope that doesn’t mean your turning your back on forex bro. :frowning:

And aceofpips, don’t get to ****y now bro. You are yet to prove to anyone that you are successful trader by any definition. You and I got of to a rough start but your earnt my respect though dogmatic persistance. Keep sharing your views but don’t make the fatal mistake of youth and forget to respect the gained knowledge of us elders. Sometimes we do know what it is we are talking about.

Hey people!
Let us all get along!
No need to get personal here…
Braden, I corresponded with PipNRoll
privately and she is a genuine trader who
holds down a full-time job like you…
I think we are all trying to do something
similar but in our own different ways, which
is to make money through what is, essentially,
a controlled form of gambling… We may call it
investment or speculation but in the end it is
risky and it is not for everyone: those of us who
quietly earn small profits from trading come here
to share their successes and it gives not false hope
but real encouragement to newer recruits in the game.

Treating financial speculation as a business takes many things, including clear life goals and a degree of trading experience: defining these, however, can be as tricky as trying to pin down (in numbers) what ‘successful’ means in forex trading or at what age one can be called a mature individual…

I think of you all here as peers and fellow human
beings first, then as traders: whatever we may or may not agree on with regard to trading, the bottom line is that we must respect each other as fellow men and women who are here to corteously exchange ideas with the peace of mind that we will be challenged intellectually but never attacked or judged for who we are… The bottom line is that very few of us have met face to face, so like with a lot of virtual relationships (like with ‘pen friends’ - remember the days?), it is a case of trusting that what people write is genuine and true…

Calling ‘b.llsh.t’ on someone that we have not even met is too easy from behind a screen, and let us always remember that there is a real person who may take our words to heart and even leave the forums… A few people on BabyPips will be put off by arrogant or retaliatory comments, driving them away from these forums… Therefore, let us all get along and show newcomers that we are indeed a group of passionate but respectful traders…

Cheers
and
Happy Trading.

Alright folks, my apologies if any of my comments upset anyone.

Hi PipMeHappy,

Thank you for a nice comment. It is a truly refreshing on a Monday morning :slight_smile:

I tell you this. This not a first or the last that we will encounter someone like this. It’s a cry for help that all it is but they do not want to admit it. They have not truly define what success means to them so they were seeking for proof from someone else and not knowing that the proof of evidence is already in front of them. What we needed to do when we encounter something like this and if it discouraged you, focusing on our selves is more important than ever. We will need to block everything out and not to discourage with little things like this. This is also a " test" for us on how much more you can push and moved forward. Focusing on improving ourselves to be a better trader and personal growth that you almost bigger than the problem that you and I will be facing, is the best thing we can do…

Focus on own goal and not to worry about what other people does and do is a sign of maturity as a trader and as a person…

Good luck trading this week!!!

[B]Good morning, PipNRoll!

Thank you! Good luck to you too!

PS - I agree with everything that you said… no change, then :slight_smile: [/B]

Trading forex is as much about the journey of self discovery each trader must undertake as it is about trading. Often those whom fall by the way discover something they don’t like about themselves. They are greedy and the markets have no respect for greedy people.

Professionals only really care about how much they can lose.
Amateurs only care about how much they can gain.
Swap these around and your on your way. :smiley:

Investing in vanguards 500 index fund since I started this thread has produced an 11% gain on my initial capital. I don’t bother with Internet forums full of people with no proof spewing nonsense and I’ve been focusing on working out and my career. You can check my facts at vanguards website and feel free to continue bashing myself and others that woke up. And while your down there…suck it

Angry man. What happen bro the the piggies steal your eggs.

Absolutely… What have we ever done to deserve such comments? “While you[’]r[e] down there, suck it”.

Charming.

Gym junkie bro, and career man

Me lol

@thread starter, you can make money only on forex trading trading 12 - 15 pairs over long term, provided that you have a good strategy with good money management and strict trading rules.

Still awaiting proof of returns…

Changing the subject slightly:

‘London traders try to bully you; traders in Paris use charm’ | Comment is free | The Guardian

How trading cultures differ: London versus Frankfurt.

The British contingent does not come away looking like a very nice bunch. . . Quote:
[I]
"The typical London trader is a meathead, a loud three-pint arrogant young aggressive talking head. "
[/I]
Read on!