What happened to babypips?

I have been on here for some time. Can’t believe that much time has gone from my once Newbie handle to over 600 posts, frightening since I haven’t been one forums.

It is a real shame to see a forum once filled with positivity and a place where you can actually talk trading to a place for marketing, demand for paystubs to damn right insults. The simple question here is if a babypips forum is now dominated by people who have no faith in each other or themselves what is the point in sharing anything? Clearly most people are satisfied with their performance or are simply resigned to inevitable failure.

It was great sharing knowledge with most of you and I have met some great traders with some good ideas which in many ways has allowed me to improve my trading approach. I will check on my below thread to see if anyone wants to ask questions on volume, EW, or Fibonacci, etc please pop it in thread below. Will reply once a week. Good luck all hope you make it to your destination. Just remember trading is not for everyone.

http://forums.babypips.com/forextown/66260-brief-share-questions-around-volume-any-contribution-welcome-64.html

Check out my YouTube channel to follow live trading and my analysis in the coming weeks. Feel free to subscribe. Hope you find it helpful.
http://m.youtube.com/?#/channel/UC7nZtj_5CBl-scq9lakHjUA

Hi, I’m a noobie myself and have been disappointed at the number of insults and personal attacks I’ve seen.
More worrying is the amount of awful advice, especially telling noobies to ignore demo accounts and learning in favour of opening live accounts and “learn as you go along”. No doubts the irresponsible people posting this nonsense have a sad little chuckle to themselves at the idea of some innocent losing money following their advice.

Lets have a reality check here bro. I could and did start a masters degree online. It cost me couple of grand each quarter, required 20+hrs study each week and I was looking at 4 to 6 years to complete. Total cost something like $30 000+.

But then one discovers the markets and along with it all the marketing hype that goes with it. One of these is the myth of demo trading. Long ago marketers from bucket shops knew that by locking you into a demo account you have longer to learn bad habits. And bad habits learnt practicing get translated to bad habits speculating. End result your losses became next months bonus check for them. But that was long ago yet today the myth lives on.

From my perspective my speculating has accelerated immensely since I switched from demo to micro accounts for practicing. Any form of study to advance one self whether for personal or career reason is going to require a capital investment. Emeraldoc seems to have an issue with us commoners trading. Fact of the matter is most of the better speculators are just that, common everday people whom you wouldn’t know from your neighbor. We “succeed” because we invest heavily in time and money into ourselves. So if you don’t have a couple of grand to invest in yourselves then speculating just isn’t going to work.

As for “learn as you go” is there any better way.

Emeraldoc. You’re just as guilty to feeding the trolls as the rest of us are. Once I held you as a learned pro. Your knowledge i still respect. But now I believe you need to understand that it is ok for you to see the trees while I see the forest. It’s what makes this a wonderful place.

Professional traders Don’t spend time on fourms,
Mostly newbies & people looking for fast cash who don’t succeed, and they end up bringing all. This negativity,

I’ve seen and been through this before. Negative traders are no different than the ones that are trying to be positive and learn. The way you get rid of them is not to engage with them. Remember you’re looking for information to be a better trader; they are looking to have a laugh at your expense, or to justify why they are constantly losing money. Most of them don’t even trade, they talk.

Not only don’t they want to improve, but they don’t want you to improve. Some of them really think that they get banned from threads, because the Faders, Capri’s and Fox’s etc., are scared of what they might say, but in truth they want their threads to be about trading and positive things; not insults and negativity.

To Emeraldorc
Don’t play their game; play yours. I understand you’re in or were in real estate. . .would you ever let another agent define your offer in a presentation? As most traders know this is a tough business and one of the key ways to get through it is with support from amongst other things brokers who are positive and willing to be part of a positive conversation.

Debate is good and makes us all stronger and if you keep your mind open, you can learn from other traders who have a different view on a subject than yours. But there’s a difference between debating are indicators useless or useful or demo vs live; than arguing about why a trader should or should not post their income stats because that one thing tells if the broker is successful or not, Not the trading method, or money management plan, or any other pertinent information, such as when do you trade, why did you do what you did, why do you review after each session.

Negative traders want it to be about the argument not the debate. The sad part is they usually get away with it for a while before they end up getting banned (mostly for insults), it’s then some of the traders trying to get better or add to the conversation of positive, see that arguing with some person who’s probably going to get banned in the end was a big waste of time. However the worse thing is if they don’t realize the waste of time and do the same thing with the next batch.

As I said don’t play their game, don’t be curious and follow their threads. Play your game and ask yourself will this discussion help me get closer to my goals, or further from them. Don’t participate in negative threads and before you know it,it will be back to normal and you can post again in the newbie section without having to deal with negative people
Gp

Sore Losers tend to do that my friend. Most of them failed to plan their trading and as a result, they planned to fail. Their minds are clouded with anger for losing their money and their heart are filled with hatred towards people that want to learn to trade. They believe nobody can profit from forex trading and they want to impose their beliefs to you. As mentioned by gp00053, Don’t play their game.

Some traders said that demo account will not help you to trade profitably. It is true that the emotion is differ comparing when you’re trading a real account. But, regarding the commission charges and/or spreads by the brokers, you can just add it all up (hypothetically) to your trading gains/losses afterwards. The point is, you MUST (in my opinion) trade using a demo account in order to get comfortable with all the features on the trading platform so that you will manage your real account efficiently.

You might want to test your trading formula with your trades right? Of course! That is why I don’t see a need to waste money with a real trading account solely for testing.

It’s really sad of what has happened to the newbies here. I hope you will succeed in forex trading in the near future.

Here’s a tip when you’re ready: Try standing rather than sitting comfortably when you’re looking at your chart to trade. Compare the emotion difference… :8:

*By the way, sorry Mr. emeraldorc for interrupting your thread. Peace.

Fully agree with you. Noobies also need demos to see if they correctly understand trends, indicators, and all the other new paraphernalia forex brings to them.
I understand the emotions side, I’ve traded shares and futures in the past and, although I was successful by most people’s standards, the early days were a bit hairy and a demo account may have helped with a smoother introduction.
Sorry to see you stepping back emeraldorc but I can see why

Hello traders!

I am absolutely in agreement with everyone, although not so much with Bob (but just on one issue, Bob: you definitely are a top bloke and I trust you are a sound guy),

I have been on forums for more than a decade, starting off with the Volkszone ones (I had a classic VW ‘Kafer’ Beetle, Type I) …then moving on to Motorcycle News forums (MCN) when I took my motorbike test… and then here when I started getting an interest in trading… I can tell you that, across all forums, trolls existed well before the term had even been invented… I disagree with Bob saying that Emerald sees the trees, not the forest: I think Emerald is mature enough to know not to pick a fight with someone who is out to insult him for no reason (no names mentioned…ok, it’s Torulf we are talking about, I assume): however, he made the ‘human error’ of trying to first reason with him… Guess what, it only made said user angrier and thirstier for Emerald’s blood… Any reasonable human being may try to reason with an aggressor, thinking that it could possibly stop there… It didn’t, but I certainly did not see it coming… Torulf thinks I am in cahoots with Anton Kreil, and that Emerald is in cahoots with Anna Coulling… What a nonsense… Trying to convince him of the contrary just had the effect of enraging him…

What I saw on other forums was similar: there is one guy on the MCN forums who is a committed biker, and who has many years of riding experience, having crossed thousands and thousands of miles… He is a fantastic forum member and has been for many years, always encouraging newbies, and posting photos of group rides… Well, there was this time when a nasty, NASTY troll started throwing insults at him, for no reason, including calling him a paedophile… he was grown up enough not to take notice, but he did at first try to answer back, it is only human if you have vile insults thrown at you, especially being accused of sexual crimes(!), to respond in some way…,

Well, just like the biker on the MCN forums, there are people that should be trusted on here, who are generous with their time, who are encouraging to newbies, and who post their winning AND losing trades on here regularly… YET THIS IS NOT ENOUGH for some, who still call them liars and frauds… This is the classic thing that has been going on with Torulf, who says all these things to Emerald, for no reason at all…

So I tell you this: I have just bought a house, yes, a HOUSE (well, a flat, but let’s call it a house) with a woman, my girlfriend, whom I met on the internet… yes, indeed… Here is my point: I came to trust her while talking to her online, that she was genuine, and was someone I wanted to meet… When it came to it, she was who she said she was, her photo was not fake, and we got on fine… Four years and four months later, we are still together, and my trust was well placed… What does this mean? It means that if I place my trust in forum users like Emerald, GP, Simon Templar, PipNRoll and so on, it is for a reason: it means that they have given me enough ‘proof’ that they are real people who genuinely come to these forums to share something freely, namely, their passion (and experience) for trading…

Now: who in their right mind would start saying that Babypips’ ‘masters’, namely people like Queen Cleopiptra, PipDiddy, PipCrawler, and Cyclopip are all fakes and liars? Do we really need to see their every trade on a MyFxBook just to trust them? Of course not… So why would we not want to trust forum members, especially the ones who actually HAVE posted their trading logs? Exactly… As human beings, we would fail to function were we not to trust someone: imagine questioning that anyone around you was genuine, and not trusting anything that anyone said, including your family, your partner/spouse, etc. Society would collapse… Trusting is what we do to function: without trusting people to be who they say the are, and that what they say is true, we could not function as a society… I choose to trust SimonTemplar, PipNRoll, Emerald, etc. and, of course, it is my free choice to do so, but I truly believe that if I met them in real life they would be the people that I trust them to be…

That’s my piece done… I am off to eat my dinner.

Long live Emerald, and long live Babipips…

Happy Trading…

Just Ignore the jerks. Once I had two idiots on my shoulders, one male (banned), and the other a female (presumably) who did not take criticism dearly. So they flammed me over and and over till the point of exhaustion. Then I’ve realize that it is just a waste of time getting mad at those idiots, how can I get mad at something typed far away from me.

It happens in all forums, get used to it. It is really hard to kcik trollers now because they know the forums rules by hand and they try to make you piss off without getting banned.

I will be sticking around but just not so actively in threads. If it was just one then fair but there is generally an army of the idiots.

Anyway I will still post on my thread for those who want to just talk trading and sensible stuff.

Chief troll one babypips speaking out …

Okay, Pipmeunhappy it is a badge of honor to be nominated as head troll on this forum.

I must admit that it has some entertainment value for me to have these futile discussions (killing some time).

I want to give a small correction to your condemnation of me as a troll …

You falsely claim that I unfounded insults some members of babypips.

Bapypips forum produces an amazing amount of improper garbage about trading.

I have specific criticism and highlighted issues where members have shown a total lack of judgment by promoting individual gurus who deliberately exploit other people’s dream of a better life, more money blabla through to buy their products.

Pipme happy

[B]* My criticism of you in your thread, where you uncritically blindly without criticism admiring recommend Anton Kreil videos and especially recommend babypips members repeatedly specific to studying Anton Kreil video 4.

showing an exel list what retail traders with only 25 K can achieve after 11 years, 25 MILL …
[/B]
Anton comments to his exel sheet, easy not so difficult as it seems

I was called you an “Useful idiot” for Anton Kreil, since you promoted his videos.

• …Ironisk Anton pissing down on all UK MCM citizens, his buying group as desperate attempt to get further up at the ladder …

My contention, people who you really really belive the message Anton Kreil trying to spread, then you are a truly an idiot … A star idiot ( my opinion )

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Guys, We need to check beginners section regularly to solve problems of newbies, and Admit it that [B]BABYPIPS[/B] is providing Worlds best Forex Knowledge by babypips school :slight_smile:

I agree!

Experienced members can get a lot out of helping newbies, mostly in the Newbie Island threads…

Anyway, let us focus on the positives and ignore the negatives…

As my motto goes…

HAPPY TRADING!

x

What “happened” to babypips is nothing more than an expression of the internet and its ability to connect people at complete anonymity.

1. Humans weren’t supposed to be able to access the thoughts, expressions and emotions of 2+ Billion people @ near-the-speed-of light. We’re wired to live in small groups, and be intimately familiar w/ those around us. It’s not easy to compete w/ hundreds of other ego’s.

2. There are people out there who solely have their own interests in mind, and will do everything they can to subvert others for life juice (what I call money). They are parasitic, and, unfortunately, not easily revealed to the nascent / gullible average individual. Any forum on any topic will fall prey to this group of people. Babypips is not running rampant with snakes- the vast majority of people on here are decent.

The best way to self-moderate the forum, is not bring a single ounce of attention to something you don’t agree with, unless it’s purely constructive. It’s not the easiest thing to do, but, underneath a lot of the crap here there are nuggets of intelligence which can help better all parties involved.

Like someone said- most very active / professional traders will not be on a forum simply because they don’t have the time. Any professional trader can you tell exactly what 1 hour of their time is worth. For them, sacrificing 20-30 minutes in an hour could mean losing 5, 6, or 700 dollars in the markets.

The more experienced member benefits helping out those just starting by reinforcing the basics.
The less experienced member benefits from obtaining help from those whom have potentially “been there before”.

Jake… are you back? Have you been banned?

…Banned?! No way? Took a nice long vacation. Getting back into the swing of things. Glad to see you’re still around.

I heard someone say you are a scammer

any comments on that?

I’d say let the evidence do the talking.
Chances are, what you “heard” was just someone venting because they either were having a bad day, or, is the type of person who isn’t comfortable with their own achievements in life so feels the desire to attack others, and belittle them in order to lift their own spirits.

This is one of the issues w/ forums- everyone has a say regardless of whether or not there are facts to back any claims up. If I didn’t respond to this post, I’d look like I was ignoring your claim. By responding to this post, it looks like I’m getting defensive.

You’re damned if you do, damned if you don’t type of thing.

The only evidence worth a damn is an independently verified trading account, particularly if advice or recommendations are being dispensed based on a specific strategy or approach.

Do you have a link highlighting your regular track record relating to the method/approach you’re presenting to interested parties on the site?