Bridging the gap

hi guys you may of seen me about, I’ve been trading fx for nearly 2 years and over a year and half of that live. so I know PA well now and and I’m starting to do ok live. I had a wicked run not long ago where i won 36 trades in arow and made 35% over 6 weeks, but got ****y and gave it all back.

I sim alot to master PA and I do awesome over 54 trades i had a win rate of 93% and made 324% and now i never lose on the sim because i concentrate just on the setup.

How do I bridge the gap from my sim like state to my live trading?

Any suggestion would be taken on board.

'best

darth

When you do bridge that gap, you should become a wealthy man. Those are some impressive stats!

thanks bazzer!

I might just go out and buy some timber, nails and a hammer. lol

Or maybe hyponosis but I’m very strong minded so not sure if it would work on me.

hmmm…

Strong minded indeed: these aren’t the droids you’re looking for.

Yeah, psychology has a lot to answer for in the world of trading. It’s always hiding just around the corner ready to whip your trousers down & shaft you for every penny that it can.

At least you’ve got the trading element down, I suppose it’s just perseverance on the live trading side of things though. You’ll be fine as I sense…

This is a perfect example why demo trading, in my opinion, is useless. As far as how to bridge the gap…great question. I have never wasted my time in a demo account and in the end only you know how you can master your own psychology as this is what hinders you from getting the results you want. I would ignore what you achieved in your demo account and focus only on where it counts. Hammer away at it one bit at a time and try to improve your trading psychology.

feel like i’ve walked into the forest with all these bears!! ahhhhhh

great point LB, i will keep hammering its the only thing i know how to do. Anyone know where I can get a bigger hammer?

'best

darth

Lolest:18:

Hey darth,

I believe that you understand the need to bridge the gap between demo and real is an indication that you have a very structured approach and you know yourself well.

I had the issue too. So I started to pick the differences between demoing and real trading. The main difference is that in demoing you see a setup you make up your mind. You feel how price shifted to create the setup and you make up your mind to take it or not. You got an iron will. You execute the trade and bam bam bam rake in those profits. Move on and repeat the whole process. That process all together takes at the most 10-15 min. On a real account, the setup alone would take up to several hours to play out nevermind the build up which could take days or weeks. So you can identify a momentum gap here. That means your mind possibly starts shifting ideas in the whole process. something to think about.
Another thing I noted made a big difference was multi pairs trading. When you demo it’s usually one pair one tf, full stop. No multi timeframe multi cross checking. Your 100% attention on demo is only that one pair and one currency pair. That’s why you excel at it. I’m not saying dont trade other pairs or tfs, that would be a waste of talent. I’m just saying be aware of it.

Hope that helps a bit.

Best

helps ALOT!!! thanks Kas. you are wise man. i will read this over and over when i should be working. Coz lets face it, work sucks. lol and there is a key in there that will help me.

Thanks.

'besttttttttttttttttt

darth

Top MAN!

Best