Creating an EA?

I am wandering if there is anywhere I can learn how to create my own EA in the Metatrader 4? If someone would point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thanks

The site (below) is dedicated to MT EA’s & indicators. They even have a training forum with an excellent moderator.

Forex TSD| Metatrader Indicators and Experts Advisors

Here is a neat link to create a simple EA with rules that you supply. You can then tear it apart to see how it works.

Expert Advisor Builder for MetaTrader 4

Topgun

Thanks Topgun

THANKS!! this is exactly what I was looking for, I used to use VTtrader but I switched brokers and fell in love with MT4 and now I want to learn how to REALLY use all that MT4 has to offer

No problem. Make sure you setup your MT to send alerts to your cell phone when certain conditions are met. I do this to get up at all hours of the night for some good trade opportunities. :smiley:

In order to actually build an indicator I will need a lot of time, MQL seems to be hard to understand but its going to help me a lot and I will be able to try new things, I can’t wait to get those text messes in the middle of the night :slight_smile:

I prefer to not re-invent the wheel :). There are thousands of indicators already written on the link I posted. There are also many other sites that have nothing but FREE indicators (See the one below). I like to just add the type you want to MT than edit the code any way you want. I find it fairly easy to cut and paste pieces of code to make your own if you choose. Most indicators already have the alerts built into them otherwise you can just add it with the alert command. It’s easy to have MT sent a regular alert to any cell phone once MT is setup. I only have it sending me alerts when certain price levels are hit or when I see certain MACD patterns show up since that is the only indicator that I use.

FxS Forex - Scripts - Home

Thanks for the advise once again, now after doing some searching I see that there ARE thousands upon thousands of indicators out there already available for download, you saved my a lot of time, and the only thing I really need to learn is combining some of the indicators together and adding the phone alerts and other stuff like that which should not be hard

Combining the indicators is good option but take care that you do not mess up. Keep a definite number of indicator for combining otherwise things will get weird.

I agree with you, we should be little careful while combining indicators to avoid the confusion and mess. Always keep certain number of indicator which in long turn are beneficial.

be sure to test various indicator combinations for consistency of performance. It is best to look for those combinations whose past performance has been steady so that you can trade only with those combinations which have a high probability of producing results very close to those in the past.

Very nice and simple but it doesn’t work :slight_smile:
I mean, I make a very simple custom indicator, no errors.
I want to put it on the chart and nothing happens, and this happens very often to other indicators I’ve download, … I’m guessing it’s just a simple little thing that’s incorrect, but don’t see what it is… Anyone who knows what’s wrong?

Hi Top gun do u know how to write EA?

when i start with EA developing - i begin from here book.mql4.com and besides very useful information you can find here docs.mql4.com

Thanks for the information topgun. Really useful for someone looking to learn mql

AKS

Hello Everybody,

I have found a useful ea creator software, with its help I can create my own expert advisors/indicators without programming.
If anyone interested you can find it here: creatingea dot com

Cheers
R

hi topgun, i have created eas from that site but none works, any help?