Thoughts on effect of 'Save our Swiss Gold' referendum on 30 Nov 14

I am interested in thoughts traders have regarding immediate effect on eur/chf of a possible ‘No’ or 'Yes vote.
As the referendum is due approx 1645 GMT Sunday I imagine there will be spike on markets opening irrelevant of outcome.
If trading in eur/chf or gold (as a ‘yes’ vote will undoubtedly result in a rise in gold value) stops will need to be wide to allow for immediate reaction I should think. Is it bravery or stupidity to even contemplate jumping in :slight_smile:

Here’s what my buddy Forex Gump has to say about that: Swiss Gold Initiative to Prevent SNB Intervention?

Yes I read that some weeks ago, however SGI has gained a good deal of momentum since that article.
I am half expecting intervention prior to vote to avoid cap being tested - well actually only quarter expecting this to happen :slight_smile:

Let’s wait and see the outcome. Interesting that if passed one provision states that the gold can never be sold unless something has changed since I last checked it.

Yes, that is what they are saying and it also can’t be borrowed against - which you would think would make it pretty useless.