First year's anniversary

1 year into Forex and still learning - I never want to claim I’ve cracked it.

I guess like many I’ve had the training, coaching, researched and read a thousand articles and opinions, riddled my charts with indicators, tried to find an algorithm for how this market works…

It’s turned to the upside for me now in a significant way. The trigger was ridding my charts of all indicators, ignoring all broker and related commentary, learning about structure and flow, “institutional order blocks”, stop runs and manipulation, market maker concepts, not trying to be right but profitable, containing risk, not wanting the whole of the move but just my target consistently.

It’s driven me crazy sometimes but it’s been worth it.

Once you have spent time with these concepts it starts to make sense and yes there are patterns and precise predictability.

There’s no quick learning - if you’ve not done so already you need to check out Chris Lori, Inner Circle Trader, DayTradingForexLive, Forex Reviews.info to name but a few.

And make your charts naked except for horizontal lines and the odd fib.

They wouldn’t make a 5 trillion dollar market easy to understand would they?!

Best of luck.

Congratulations. Great post. Just one thing to remember. How you start is not how you have to or will be likely to finish. I say this like you, spent tons of times learning and using the different indicators. I don’t believe it’s a waste of time, for the simple reason, you can’t use a trend indicator without learning about trends. Same goes for momentum, leg cycles, support and resistance, money management and mindset.

Best Wishes and Continued Success
Gp

I think you are on the right track here. Learning how to trade properly requires years so just don’t give up and keep learning!