Was the NFP Report for November that strong?

Over 300,000 jobs were created in November according to the heading figure, but was the NFP report for November that strong? The household figure survey showed an increase of only 4,000. This is the figure which appears to be more in line with how the consumer in the US behaves. Just my observation.

I am happy in the severe minority who thinks that the NFP reports over the past few years have not only been unimpressive, but also cooked in order to make the economy appear better than it really is. Two congressional panels are set to investigate the BLS for reporting inflated figures. I think they will start after recess in January. Maybe its nothing, but I would not be surprised if the data has been manipulated.

As far as I understand the problem with NFP figures at the end of the year is in seasonal hiring for the upcoming Christmas holidays, and that’s why you always get bigger actual figures than forecasted…

exactly, there is always some upturn in the economy to the end new year (particularly to the end of november) which is sharply altered in slump after a new year. NFP numbers seems to be quite reasonable in the light of dollar consolidation. Not sure Christmas booms played significant role in unemployment relieve, maybe just a coincidence. Unfortunately I missed trading on Nov release, hope to hit some pips with Hotforex in January NFP comeout…

Personally, I can care less what the “number” was…
All of my trading decisions are derived from price action and price action solely.

Typically, the “news” is the “best” at the “top”.